Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

What are you playing right now?

Comments

• BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    [QUOTE=wiseguy;174009][SIZE="1"]*cough* played and finished bus simulator 2008 *cough*[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

I will never stop laughing.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE=wiseguy;174009][SIZE="1"]*cough* played and finished bus simulator 2008 *cough*[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Now we know who's buying this stuff. :D They keep saying PC gaming is dying, they just never specify of what. I'd never have guessed it would be of ridicule. :D

Seriously though, I've been having fun driving big rigs in GTA:SA and if it's done right, you might actually get some fun out of sims like that.
  • EclecticonautEclecticonaut Elite Ranger
    Carmageddon with a blood red double-decker? :D
  • to my defense, we were joking around about bad games and i gave it a try.. in a strange and twisted way it is addictive. i dare you all to try it :p

[SIZE="1"]all excuses aside, yes i am sad.. least i didn't spend money on it[/SIZE]
  • PJHPJH The Lovely Thing
    [quote=wiseguy;174009][SIZE=1]*cough* played and finished bus simulator 2008 *cough*[/SIZE][/quote]
    [quote=Biggles;174012]I will never stop laughing.[/quote]

Bus Simulator 2008? Geezz...

That must've been made by Sierra Online. Remember Bull Rider....

- PJH
  • You just invoked the most shameful word in existence! THat should be banworthy!
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Oh .. My .. God ..

PJH brought it up! He did, I saw it with my own eye! Doom! Doom I teel ya.

Doom!

[spec]Doom?[/spec]

[spec]Green[/spec]

[sp]Oh and wiseguy: lol :D[/sp]
    Dug out my copy of [I]Lock On[/I] and going through the training missions again.

Funny how hard it is to get used to Russian cockpits, especially since I can't read the labels on the warning lights. I already know that I'm doomed to die a fiery death because I'll have no idea what systems are failing once I'll get into a combat situation. Fortunately the gauges make sense on their own, so I can still find my way around the cockpit. There are audio cues, but they are also in Russian...

I do like the amount of detail that went into the sim.
  • 28/06/2008 - added Diablo 3 to the list of games I'm already dreaming of playing
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    You and me both brother..
  • JohnnyOnTheSpotJohnnyOnTheSpot Banned by request
    HOLY SHIT DIABLO 3! ITs been announced! I'm dumping WOW soon as it comes out
    Check out the gameplay footage: [URL="http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/"]http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/[/URL]

Looks very promising. :cool:
  • i guess i also have to mentally prepare for my return to battle.net then... :D

*hopes the assassin is still in the game*

traps = fun :)
  • PSI-KILLERPSI-KILLER Needs help
    just got Sins of Solar Empire, installing now
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    Currently trying to finish Hellgate: London...
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    I should try to finish Hellgate as well.
    Now that I'm almost done playing GTA: San Andreas I'm ready for the next bada$$ game. So I've decided to finally give [I]Scarface: The World is Yours[/I] a spin. After a couple attempts to get the game to run on my rig, I finally managed to get it to work after downloading the right patch. I don't quite get the logic involved in choosing the right patch as they seem to make a difference between the US, UK and English EU release. Go figure. The game will crash to desktop right away if you don't install the patch so you'll have to figure out which edition you have. I tried all of them, so I know which patch is for my copy. I shouldn't have to go through this headache, but that's how it worked here.

This game is supposed to be some kind of mix between Mafia, the GTAs and the Godfather game and follow more or less the plot of the 1983 movie [I]Scarface[/I] with Al Pacino. You start off as playing Tony Montana himself and while you have the option to go through a very brief tutorial first, the "campaign" starts off like a 3rd/1st person shooter which involves a major attack on your mansion (that's how the movie ends) and you trying to escape with the help of few of your own goons.

While this makes a good prologue for a movie, it doesn't for a game for which you haven't gotten a feeling for the interface yet. As I've said, I've spent many hours playing GTA:SA and S:TWIY is definitely not using the same fine tuned controls I've taken for granted in GTA. The mouse reacts much more softly and less accurately and the assault rifle is implemented a wee bit more realistically as the rifle has a tendency to ride upwards as you fire your rounds.

As it is now the game is a bit overwhelming, but I'll stick with it, I'm just relieved that the game runs at all.

I'll probably check out the movie too, just to refresh my memory on who Tony Montana is. :D
  • Vorlons in my HeadVorlons in my Head The Vorlons told me to.
    I hope Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 are released at least two years apart, seriously. I would hate to have to divide play time between them. My life as I know it would probably come to an end.
  • JohnnyOnTheSpotJohnnyOnTheSpot Banned by request
    Speaking of bad games ever play FBI HOSTAGE RESCUE? Apparently not even the first level is beatable its so poorly done.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Nope, but i think i might dig out Tie Fighter or X-Wing Alliance this weekend
  • DarthCaligulaDarthCaligula Elite Ranger
    I'm still having fun with Dawn of War. Waaaaaaaaaaagh!
    Dawn of War is still on my backlog of games I have to play, I got the gold edition which includes 2 expansions... I don't know if I should get the latest (last) expansion called [I]Soulstorm[/I] though.

So many games, so little time.
  • AnlaShokAnlaShok Democrat From Hell
    Rock Band

[IMG]http://borgknight.twistednode.com/er/swband03.jpg[/IMG]
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Oh dear...... :D
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    i find your lack of strings....disturbing
    Do you guys mean, that BULLRIDER is a forbidden word? :p

Is ******* still censored btw? ;)

- PJH
    Oh I see it still is. :D

- PJH
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    AnlaShok: Nice! :D

Worf
  • DarthCaligulaDarthCaligula Elite Ranger
    My brother and I started playing Army of Two, which he borrowed from one of his friends. It's a pretty fun game, and the plot is so horribly stupid and full of cliches it's hilarious (though it's obviously intentional). The whole Aggro system is pretty interesting. My brother usually goes with stuff that'll get the enemy's attention with his guns, while I go with weapons that let me sneak up to the enemy while they're distracted and pick them off, though I sometimes cover for him too.
    Finally got to playing Tie Fighter this weekend. Oh the memories! :D