Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Galactica on Sunday!

Vorlons in my HeadVorlons in my Head The Vorlons told me to.
Less than one week to go! Remember BSG comes back on Sundays at 10pm now! Anyway, lets see if we can make this the official, unnoficial discussion thread for season 3.5 as the last one is already way too long.

To hold you over until sunday, I recommend you check out the official Saul Tigh eye patch design competition. This is funny stuff.

[url]http://forums.scifi.com/index.php?showtopic=2257174[/url]

Comments

• HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    Hmm I better save some bandwidth :D
  • I'm so excited for Sunday...I spent most of yesterday watching the BSG marathon on SciFi, a recap of the first half of Season 3...good times!
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Bring it on! Been a long wait.
  • Vorlons in my HeadVorlons in my Head The Vorlons told me to.
    Finally! :)
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    I'm a little let down. The entire episode felt like it was twice the length it should have been for what had happened. There was not nearly enough Dee/Starbuck development, which seems like a terrible waste of a window. It was predictable, a terrible tease, and added almost nothing. The effects were nice, but the end result is that there was a space around the middle in which almost nothing actually worth a damn happened short of dangerous overuse of dramatic music (for WAY too long, at that).
    Damit I knew there was something I was supposed to do this morning. So the consensus is "not great" then?
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    [i]I[/i] thought it was great, but then I'm just one man.
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    I thought it was good, much better than the first part, though still not on a level with the best episodes.

To me, the episode actually felt as if it was originally 2 episodes squished together.
    There were a few jumps in it, that could have easily been expanded.
  • I thought it was a good episode, as well
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RubberEagle [/i]
    [B]There were a few jumps in it, that could have easily been expanded. [/B][/QUOTE]

I have a feeling the episode went long and had to be edited down. Right now my only evidence is the somewhat choppy, "You're not an idiot, we don't have to show them actually sneaking around Tyrol to get to the temple" style, and a publicity photo with a Leoben copy on the planet.
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    I enjoyed it :)

Worf
    Enjoyable for me too. Never bored once, and I rewind a couple of times just to listen to the dramatic music :p
  • Space GhostSpace Ghost Elite Ranger
    Overall I thought it was pretty good. But I also felt it was a rushed, especially at the end.

Spoiler: It will be interesting to see what happens with Baltar now that he's back with the fleet. I also wonder what is to become of Six. With "The Warrior Princess" ;) boxed, I wonder if she will take over as the rebellious one.

Speaking of which, does anyone know if Lucy Lawless wanted a break (or for that matter, out) from the series or is this just a small detour?
    Spoiler: From the end of last season, it was revealed in interviews and the like that Lawless was contracted to do ten episodes, and also that a Cylon would be boxed in season 3. So this was planned from day one.
    It was planned as part of the contract but I'm sure she'll be back someday.
    The episode was a pretty good improvement over the last few fillers and moved a few plot points a little more but it wasn't on par to other season midseason or season openers. It had its moments, some stuff I liked some stuff was a bit predictable. I need to watch it again to fully digest it. I did find the editing a bit weird and there wasn't very good flow trowards the last 15 minutes or so. I kept expecting like the end was comming after every scene but then it jumped to something else. Definately felt like they crammed a lot into an episode that ran too long.
    Perhaps that will be the extended episode when the DVDs are released?

Worf
    Yeah liked it myself but agree that it was a bit chopped. A couple of things got glossed over which was a shame. Annoying when they do that and then go to the other extreme and do another episode where they obviously haven't got enough to fill it. Better planning required me thinks. I think they cut themselves short with the Sun timescale.

Btw we haven't had any comment yet from BSG's BIGGEST FAN???:D :p
  • ArethusaArethusa Universal Cathode
    Moore has turned BSG into Star Trek. I wonder when Adama will get trapped on the holodeck.

End comment.
    The ending was a bit Trek/Gateish... :D
    I thought it was more [i]Raiders of the Lost Ark[/i] myself... ;)
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    It was there...
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    I liked it too. I guess we need more mid-season breaks so we appreciate it more. :D

Let me see the body count, two Sharons, one Cavil, at least two D'Annas (the others were left in their "boxes"), a couple of red shirts and a bunch of toasters, well they don't count, I guess, oh and Gaius got kicked in the face.

I didn't realize so many pivotal characters died in a single Star Trek episode over the years. :p :D If so I need to go back and watch them.

Yet another plot reset, leaving us to wonder what will happen next? At least Hera's going to get real caprican diapers. ;)
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JackN [/i]
    [B]It was there... [/B][/QUOTE]

Are you sure? I thought it was here.

Worf
    [QUOTE]I didn't realize so many pivotal characters died in a single Star Trek episode over the years.[/QUOTE]

Well you have to admit, the jumping away with the shockwave right behind them... Ya know? Fun though :D
  • ArethusaArethusa Universal Cathode
    So bodycount is the only thing separating this from Voyager. I guess I'm supposed to be impressed, or something.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    I don't quite think it's fair to compare this to Voyager. But at the same time, I don't think needless twisting of the plot is necessary for any advancement. All I want is the old story again!
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by HuntSmacker [/i]
    [B]Well you have to admit, the jumping away with the shockwave right behind them... Ya know? Fun though :D [/B][/QUOTE]

Why did Galactica have to wait till the last second for the raptors to make combat landings before jumping away just in the knick of time? Couldn't Galactica jump away safely and leave the Raptors to jump away on their own, possibly even before exiting the atmosphere to get out of there quicker? :confused:
  • Space GhostSpace Ghost Elite Ranger
    No... they were... uh... damaged...

I don't know, really. :D
  • The same thought occurred to me as well... yeah, that was a pretty stupid thing to do, unless the right jump coordinates couldn't be sent to the Raptors due to high levels of radiation... although that much radiation would have almost certainly killed every living thing on the planet. So I probably should just stick with the original assessment.
    The Raptors (probably) have a smaller range than the larger ships. It's possible the rendezvous where the Fleet was was outside their range.

That, or it was much cooler.