Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Galactica on Sunday!

14567810»

Comments

• Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    So JackN your saying the Cylons are after the access codes to Zions mainframe? :p
  • RickRick Sector 14 Studios
    My gut is telling me they are all Cylons, and the 13th colony wasn't fled to, but, rather, fled from...

That would explain the older Cylons, and the link to Greek Mythology, and why their books fortold how to get to earth...(how would they know how to get there if no one returned to tell them how??), and why Tyrol "knew" about the Eye of Jupiter...

More later...when it's not 2AM. Too tired to delve into this one. But the "What is human, what is a Cylon?" thing will definitely be a major theme...

And yes, I think Tigh's speech kicked all ass...Brilliant Frakking writing yet again by RDM & Co.

[quote]“My name is Saul Tigh. I am an officer in the Colonial Fleet. Whatever else I am, whatever else it means, that’s the man I want to be. And if I die today, that’s the man I’ll be.”[/quote]

-R.
  • In last episode of whole BSG series, I doubt no one really cares or sees any difference between human and cylon.
  • Mr_BesterMr_Bester Earthforce Officer St Louis MO
    According to an interview that RDM did with a Pittsburgh newspaper

Spoiler: The four that are suspected as cylons, are definately cylons(Tigh, Tyrol, Anders and Presidents aide). He won't confirm the fifth. He also says they aren't your typical cylons.

There is more info at aintitcool.com

Dug
  • Vorlons in my HeadVorlons in my Head The Vorlons told me to.
    These new cylons as RDM said are fundamentally different than the rest. They were born, they had lives, pasts, and they age. I think a cylon is more of a transient soul that inhabits a body rather than a mechanical creation. After all a cylon consciousness isn't attached to one body as we well know. These people could have been chosen to become cylons rather than born cylons. I can sleep easier so to speak if I think about it that way :D. Bah, I think all the humans are really cylons.
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    dang...thats different...
  • Space GhostSpace Ghost Elite Ranger
    Spoiler: Perhaps the Cylon Tigh replaced the "real" Tigh sometime between the Wars. i.e. there was an actual Saul Tigh who was a human who fought in the first Cylon War and at some point in time when he was out of the military, he was replaced with a Cylon copy. Just a thought.
  • RickRick Sector 14 Studios
    [QUOTE=sinclair;158368]In last episode of whole BSG series, I doubt no one really cares or sees any difference between human and cylon.[/QUOTE]

Allot of people said that about the Shadow War in B5 as well...and were wrong :)

-R.
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    btw, while the next season of BSG will start in 2008, there's a new mini-series that's scheduled to air this fall...
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE=RubberEagle;158405]btw, while the next season of BSG will start in 2008, there's a new mini-series that's scheduled to air this fall...[/QUOTE]

Not exactly, it's a 2-hour TV movie about the Pegasus. :vorlon:
  • Vorlons in my HeadVorlons in my Head The Vorlons told me to.
    Yup, its probably going to be a Pegasus prequel, although they claim all the main cast will be involved + the pegasus cast. Not sure how that would work. Season 4 is also 22 episodes. Thats 2 more than Season 2 and 3. I wonder if thats the standard 20 plus the 2 hour movie or if with the movie its actually 24 new episodes. It also seems the network and RDM are strongly considering finishing the story next season.
  • I'm pretty sure it's been stated that Season 4 will be 20 episodes, plus the 2 episodes (aka DVD movie) this fall.

I love Battlestar...even the episodes a lot of people thought sucked, I have liked overall, even the 'fillers.' That said, I would be content with four seasons in the end, if it meant that the story would be more compact and on-track for the fourth season. Go out with a bang, not a wimper.
  • Space GhostSpace Ghost Elite Ranger
    I agree, you don't want it to go on too long and get stale.
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    I think the show can go for five. RDM said in a recent interview Spoiler: that he has two more chapters in mind for this story. The way I see it, the obvious division would be "The Final Leg Of The Journey To Earth And The Truth Behind The Cylons" and "Arrival At Earth And Resolution Of The Series." He also said that he and Eick were still trying to figure out if they wanted to go for one more year or two. My guess would be if they decide that S4 will be the last year, the Fleet will get to Earth at the Midseason finale. If not, they'll spend the last year of the show there. Here. Whatever.

The only hole in my cunning plan is that RDM also mentioned that they've already outlined the first 8 episodes of season 4. But things change. Right after the end of season 2, he said we'd see some stuff dealing with Lee As Commander, and that didn't happen (unless, as I suspect, it's part of a framing story for the Pegasus movie).
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    [QUOTE=David of Mac;158415] Spoiler: If not, they'll spend the last year of the show there. Here. Whatever.[/QUOTE]

As long as the children don't have super-strength from spending time in space....

Jake
  • MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
    Nice ep, I do not want to wonder too much about cylon/human questions, but I believe the truth has been mentioned somewhere here :)
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    I think season 4 will be the last and while that makes me feel a bit sad I'm also glad. I agree it shouldn't drag on forever. Spoiler: If they have two more chapters planned, maybe it would be best to compress them down into one season and reduce the number of filler episodes. It's good to see they have something planned for arriving at Earth, it could change but I really hope they don't just leave it as they get there and don't show what happens next...like a certain other series *cough*.

Worf
  • PJHPJH The Lovely Thing
    [QUOTE=Stingray;158406]Not exactly, it's a 2-hour TV movie about the Pegasus. :vorlon:[/QUOTE]

Oh? I hadn't heard about that at all. Sounds interesting. :)

- PJH
    [QUOTE=David of Mac;158415] Right after the end of season 2, he said we'd see some stuff dealing with Lee As Commander, and that didn't happen (unless, as I suspect, it's part of a framing story for the Pegasus movie).[/QUOTE]

Well, Lee did serve as a commander of the Pegasus for a while during S3.

- PJH
    I see that there's a lot of story to be told still and the show could go on for a few seasons more easily. The other possibility is a spin-off series, which might actually be a better idea than to continue this one after the main story has been told. But there's definitely a lot to be told still from the Galactica universe and I'd be very disappointed if it all ended for good after a season or two more.

- PJH
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Well there is the spin off series being set right at the start of the whole Cylon saga, with Lee's lawyer grandpa taking on the company trying to create AI and ultimately the "first" cylons. Dunno if they are near starting filming yet.
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    Just watched episodes 14-16 from season 3.. Boy were they the shit. Honestly. I fast forwarded most of the scenes. Total crap.

I think i should have just skipped them all together and go straight to the last episodes.. Wouldnt have missed anything.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE=Falcon1;158563]Well there is the spin off series being set right at the start of the whole Cylon saga, with Lee's lawyer grandpa taking on the company trying to create AI and ultimately the "first" cylons. Dunno if they are near starting filming yet.[/QUOTE]

There were links about this a few posts up. RDM said in one or two interviews that the spin-off was stuck somewhere in development and that the studio wasn't saying if they were going to go forward with it or not, so as far as he's concerned it's NOT happening right now, and with the slipping ratings, it's not bloody likely. I suppose DVD sales may affect the ultimate outcome.