Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Galactica on Sunday!

Comments

• [QUOTE=WORF;156601]January?

I can tell a really nasty cliffhanger is coming for the end of season 3.[/QUOTE]

With luck that direct-to-DVD movie (whether continuous or not) will fill the gap for us between S3 and 4!
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    I can live with a tighter storyline but the greedy side of me wants a full 20 episode season, just because filler episodes bring something to the table once in a while. ;)
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Yeah I was thinking that too as I wrote my reply "13 would be better quality but 20+ would mean loads more BSG to watch" ;)

We're never happy are we :p
  • WHYWHY Elite Ranger
    Look on the bright side, we'll only see one box-set for the season.
  • Vorlons in my HeadVorlons in my Head The Vorlons told me to.
    [QUOTE=HuntSmacker;156616]I can live with a tighter storyline but the greedy side of me wants a full 20 episode season, just because filler episodes bring something to the table once in a while. ;)[/QUOTE]

I'd rather it gets 20. There's no guarrantee that 13 episodes will have a tighter story. MIght end up with 8 fillers and 5 of substance. There's more margin for error with 20.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    I finally got to watch episode 3.14 and while it was ok, I didn't care for the medical drama, I mean, with all the medical-science-themed (crime) shows currently on TV, we really don't need this ingredient in BSG.

The episode played a bit like a latin soap opera, with Athena arguing with Helo and Dualla lying on her "death-bed..." I was just waiting to see some telephone conversation scenes and discussions about who the true father of baby Hera was? Enough already. (Ok, I'm going to say it, it's like a fracking Star Trek episode, alright, I said it. What is it with minorities and scifi anyway?)

I did like how Gaius was in Caprica Six's head, I'm really curious what the link is between those two. It's not really a Cylon thing, because I don't recall seeing this happen to other models. Unless it's an optional feature. :D "Introducing the all new 2007 Cylon Six with dual airbags and wifi communication."

Another episode mainly about Helo was a nice change. He seems to be one of the few characters on the show who isn't totally fracked up. :D

I hope they'll stop this bonus scene stuff, they should either put it in the episode or leave the extra footage for the DVD sets.

In other news: Tricia Helfer and Grace Park have roles in the soon-to-be-released video game "Command & Conquer 3" (PC & XBox)... I'm so going to get this game. :)
    [QUOTE=Stingray;156729]Another episode mainly about Helo was a nice change. He seems to be one of the few characters on the show who isn't totally fracked up. :D

[/QUOTE]

He's frakked up in his own way. Its just not the traditional way like Kara or Tigh.
    [QUOTE=Vorlons in my Head;156732]He's frakked up in his own way. Its just not the traditional way like Kara or Tigh.[/QUOTE]

So you are saying there is order in chaos? :D
  • I don't know why it has to be soo late on a Sunday night. Is if for FCC rating things? It is kinda late.
    10pm is the standard time for a lot of prime time programming.
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    Still pisses me off that they moved it to Sunday... Grrr...
  • 2/18: A very good episode in my opinion. I enjoyed a more in-depth look at Adama; it at least filled in some of the pieces, and the acting was solid. The pacing seemed to dip a bit only once, other than that it seemed to move pretty well.
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    Agreed, I thought it was an excellent character piece. I almost wish the Rules Of Television allowed for the episode to just be about Adama, without the "action" plot.
    That was a pretty good return to form. The action plot seemed a little added in there just to spice things up but it was handled in the best Galactica style were its sprinkled in just enough to not overshadow the rest of the important stuff. I was actually horrified expecting it to be another flashback episode into Adama's marriage but thankfully it took a completely different direction. I found it interesting how his ex-wife was actually used as a means to peek into Adama's mind and thought process rather than making flat out flashbacks into his past. The simple conversation with Lee gave far more insight and depth into their past than any jumping back scenes could have.
    Oh, and the old man soooo shagged madam prez in NC :D
  • Space GhostSpace Ghost Elite Ranger
    While filler, I thought the "action plot" was still exciting. It was nice to see that the "Old Man" can still get choked up once in a while... I even think Col. Frackkin Tigh was a little misty eyed at the critical moment. :D
  • [QUOTE=Vorlons in my Head;156751]The simple conversation with Lee gave far more insight and depth into their past than any jumping back scenes could have.:D[/QUOTE]

In my opinion, the Bill/Lee scene is one of the best acted of the series, up there with Tigh's Shakespearean moment on NC.
    I'm a bit puzzled by the decisions taken in this episode. Why do both plots have to be filler material? I mean, they do still have Baltar and Six locked up in a cell, don't they? Do we really need to know what happened to Bill Adama's marriage? I mean, when people join the corps, they actually marry it, everybody knows or should know that! And judging from the teaser of the next episode we'll have a strike on our hands... just great.

Next thing they'll talk about are the CO2 emissions coming from Starbuck's quarters. :D

Oh, and those briefing room scenes, I think we've seen quite enough of those already. Someone's taking set recycling way too seriously.
  • [QUOTE=Stingray;156807]Oh, and those briefing room scenes, I think we've seen quite enough of those already. Someone's taking set recycling way too seriously.[/QUOTE]

But...but that was the main scene of the [I]entire[/I] episode!! Didn't you catch the exchange with Hot Dog and Helo? In two or three episodes we're going to have to deal with a Sexually Transmitted Disease outbreak that threatens the sexual freedom of the entire fleet!!
    I was glad to see a pilot scene. This show has a few too many balls to juggle, and the "aircraft carrier in space" aspect has been up in the air for a while. Come to think of it, when was the last time we saw Vipers doing anything? Wasn't it "Hero?"

Heck, when was the last time we had a pilot briefing in that room?
    [QUOTE=Stingray;156807]I'm a bit puzzled by the decisions taken in this episode. Why do both plots have to be filler material? I mean, they do still have Baltar and Six locked up in a cell, don't they? Do we really need to know what happened to Bill Adama's marriage? I mean, when people join the corps, they actually marry it, everybody knows or should know that! And judging from the teaser of the next episode we'll have a strike on our hands... just great.

Next thing they'll talk about are the CO2 emissions coming from Starbuck's quarters. :D

Oh, and those briefing room scenes, I think we've seen quite enough of those already. Someone's taking set recycling way too seriously.[/QUOTE]

I know, I don't understand it. There's so much core stuff to move forwards and while it is moving, its doing so at a snails pace somewhere in all the character pieces. We're approching the end of the season and still nothing on Baltars trial. I'm starting to suspect they might drag this one out as a the season closer/hanger.
    [QUOTE=David of Mac;156812]I was glad to see a pilot scene. This show has a few too many balls to juggle, and the "aircraft carrier in space" aspect has been up in the air for a while. Come to think of it, when was the last time we saw Vipers doing anything? Wasn't it "Hero?"

Heck, when was the last time we had a pilot briefing in that room?[/QUOTE]

I think that was the point. They haven't seen any "action" for a while and Lee had to stomp them for getting soft (something he knows about first hand-- "Now get your fat ass out of my office!" :D).
    I think there's some Viper stuff the week after next. And the week after that is the final three-episode arc. So I just hope "Dirty Hands"/"Our Enemies, Ourselves" or whatever they're calling it now is strong. Seems like it'll have some Baltar, so that's cool.
    I hope it does end strong. Perhaps it will silence some of the naysayers. ;)
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Eh, it won't silence us, but it will give us a shiny distraction.
    Guess the last episode wasn't too exciting, no one has commented on it.
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Finally got to see the wedding anniversary episode last night. Was excellent really. Couldn't fault it much (was a little bit where the pace was off but overall good watching).

They are dragging the trial story line a bit so its pretty certain its heading for cliffhanger placement. Something big is gonna happen for sure, those Viper guns have been running cool for quite a while now, me think some hardcore action is required.
    It was about on par with the last two, which is to say not bad but pretty blah. I think this episodes biggest weakness was its placement. I don't know about you but three fillers in a row has me full. Lets get to the story now shall we?
    Don't worry, we will. The final four episodes should be fairly big.
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    This last episode had me realize that in the real world this fleet would have been done for about two weeks out from the Cylon attack of the colonies.

You just can't go from crappy conditions and general strike to everything is peaches and cream in an hour episode and pull it off IMHO...

That whole flow of that episode was just wierd...

Yeah, it's becoming more of a Soap-Opera now...
    If there's something that felt off in this episodes it was Baltars supposed background. I hope he was just making that up and was just a load of crap along with his communist manifesto he was writing.

This episode would have worked very well in season 1 and was actually quite better than the last two. It actually had more relevance to the story than it appears. Its something they've wanted to touch on for a very long time. Thats why I say it feels kind of weirdly placed this late this season.
    I was actually hoping for Cally to get executed. I don't know why but I really wanted something terrible to happen. Must be all the happily resolved endings lately, including this one.

I read one of the latest comments by RDM and interestingly enough they pretty closely echo what we've been saying. Mostly filler episodes which he's not very pleased with. According to him from now on things should tighten up again and really start taking off. I hope so. I'm really looking forward to the big Starbuck episode. Will she die or not?