Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Galactica on Sunday!

Comments

• StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    "I want my viper pilots to reclaim their rightful place in the galaxy. I want to see the Capricans stretch forth their hand again and command the Cylons. I want a rebirth of glory, a renaissance of power. I want to stop watching through their lives like a fan late for another disappointment, afraid to... to look at last week's episode or to look at this week's episode. I want BSG to be what it used to be. I want... I want it all back the way that it was!"

Who's responsible for this episode? I want names, dammit!! :mad: :(

KHHHHAAAANNNN!!!!
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    One of the writers is the [url=http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Jane_Espenson]Whedon series alumnus (who also wrote "The Passage" for BSG),[/url] and the other was the [url=http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Anne_Cofell_Saunders]writer of "Pegasus."[/url]

Those [i]hacks.[/i] :p

Seriously, this was my favorite of the three stand-alones. And I rather enjoyed the interlude. It should make the next month's worth of episode seem even more momentous.
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    Bit of a bish-bosh sleepy start and ending, but really enjoyed the worker strike. That got me going. Felt a little strange to see Adama turn into Admiral Cain for a second there, but his followup comments kind of made sense...
  • Vorlons in my HeadVorlons in my Head The Vorlons told me to.
    [QUOTE=HuntSmacker;157183]Felt a little strange to see Adama turn into Admiral Cain for a second there, but his followup comments kind of made sense...[/QUOTE]

I thought that too, but in this case it was outright mutiny so he was actually justified.
    Yes, I think "We've gotten soft" is a line that Adama has said before, and well, I think this episode kind of brings that forward.
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Well that episode was the weaker of the two. The strike was an interesting perspective for Tyrel having to deal with being both a worker and a military man. But apart from that I felt it was a bit weak. Was certainly low budget too. They're obviously saving the pennies for the final blow out epiodes.

I don't know if its just me but has anyone else found the Presidents attitude to be a bit annoying lately? She seems to be going from being real stern faced to down right giddy and almost childish around Adama. I dunno I just feel her acting has been a bit sloppy lately. Maybe the Cylon Blood Donor thing will raise its head again?
  • Space GhostSpace Ghost Elite Ranger
    I thought this episode was ok. I think the point of it is that the fleet, for the first time since the attack on the colonies, has had a bit of a break and now the problems that were just below the surface can come out.

I'm just waiting for the big payoff at the end of the season. ;)
  • What is this shit?

Im a bit late, but that strike episode is a horrible joke, and against humanity. Seesh, what a pile of crap!

Im so disappointed...
  • PSI-KILLERPSI-KILLER Needs help
    The concept they don't have machines or robots to do this sorta dirty work is sorta odd. I mean delivering laundry or sorting waste materials? i don't get it. regardless of what their cylon history is they would obviuoslty know not to make a too intelligent robot to do that sort of work.
    I see vipers in the intro teaser! woohoo, keeping fingers crossed!
  • Woah.

I know it's not what it seems it is, but woah.
  • i will second that whoa: whoa.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! NO! NO! NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

They have got to be fracking with us. Spoiler: Was that it?They have got to be kidding me. Was that her big ass destiny? To be crushed like a beer can and go out in a dazzling show of fireworks? This can only go one way. She is obviously a cylon in some way. The thought of her never comming back is by far the most depressing moment of the show.

That was one dark creepy episode.
  • Spoiler: oh come on guys, there is another explanation beyond dead or a cylon. One of the last full views we have of Starbuck in the cockpit, she is reaching for the ejection handle. Just before her viper is crushed we see a view from Lee's cockpit...and the heavy raider IS VISIBLE! The fact that they shot the heavy raider from Lee's perspective indicates that it was real. Theory: she ejected and the heavy raider picked her up. A crappy plot 'out' I admit, but it seems logical to me as I doubt they'll make Starbuck a Cylon.
    Spoiler: There are those two, of course, but there's also the third big possibility. God/the gods save her. A running theory on the nature of HeadSix and HeadBaltar is that they are, in fact, agents of one or more higher powers, maybe acting together, maybe in opposition. NotLeoban may well have been another entity from this contingent. Are we getting to the nuBSG take on the Ship of Lights?
    Yep I think this is the new ship of lights. I know she's not REALLY gone but still, that was rather traumatic. Thats the last of her this season though. Not sure what good ejecting will do. Isn't the point of it all that the gravity is too intense to survive? Even at higher altitude the pressure would be high enough outside the cockpit to not be suvivable. squishy squishy.
    To me killing Starbuck is like killing Sheridan in B5, which they did, but he came back. hmmm....
    Wow indeed. Spoiler: I have to say that was one of the most emotionally charged "deaths" in Sci-fi. (Of course, she probably isn't dead, but who knows?) It's good to see the writers taking risks like that and not resolving the issue in that episode. For that matter, the preview for next episode makes it look like Starbuck will be gone for some time, at least until the end of this season/beginning of the next.
    Well that tugged on the old emotions cord alright.

[Spoiler]During one the gag reels, right at the beginning she said she would die and that she was a Cylon. I kinda ignored it as just gag reel joking around thing. But she was right, her character would die. But whether she is a Cylon or not is another story. For me it seems strange to build up the link she had with the symbol on the temple and for things to end the way they did. Maybe she did eject but is she did that raider would have had to have picked her up pretty fast. Maybe something will resurface in season 4?[/Spoiler]
    Well, here's the deal. She had to be joking on the gag reel, because it was for an interview shot during the first few episodes of the season, when she had the long hair. She didn't know what was going to happen to Starbuck in this episode until she got the script, which would've been well after that.
    I don't think she ejected. Just as the ship is about to blow you can hear and almost see the helmet burst from the pressure. She's dead jim. I'm also not sure about Lee seeing the raider. The way it was shown, it was there but he wasn't seeing it, he never did. Something tells me there's more to Leoben and his god complex than his apparent blowing hot air and ego. She'll be back and Leoben will have something to do with it but not this season.
    When I watched the blooper she did have long hair but I figured it was season 2/3 when they were on Caprica. Maybe it wasn't.

I too think she's gone. Thinking more about Leoben, indeed its looking like theres more to him than just being a cylon. Regarding the final 5 no one has seen their faces. To date we've been led to believe that one can only see them in the place between life and death. But what if one of the 5 is among the cylons already? Could Leoben be one of the 5 planted amongst the other cylon models?
    I think its a possibility. I found it interesting that Leoben mentioned he would take her to the place between life and death,something D'Anna said she saw during her ressurection highs.
    I'd forgotten about that. Adds a bit more weight to the idea then. Think I need to watch the episode again to see if anything else was hinted at.
    Some powerful moments, but maybe the pacing was off slightly and some things just didn't make sense (as usual). That being said, I loved the CGI scenes and the the usual contribution from McCreary.
  • [QUOTE=Space Ghost;157390]Wow indeed. Spoiler: I have to say that was one of the most emotionally charged "deaths" in Sci-fi.[/QUOTE]

Gotta disagree, have you watched Farscape?

The episode on the other hand Spoiler: was, surprise surprise, not so great. It's hard to follow BSG anymore, since it seems like each person have totally new personality in the next episode. Id say 2,5/5...

Still hoping it gets back on track.
    I must admit, I didn't watch Farscape. :o
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    [IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79/stingray_b5/DamnU.jpg[/IMG]

Until next episode...

A little heavy on the drama, could have had cliffhanger potential. If they keep killing off characters at this rate, none will be left at the end of the show. They've dragged Gaius' trial for so long, I'm not sure I care about it anymore. They should have beaten the iron while it was hot. As this episode has shown, most dramatic/emotional scenes don't require a lot of pricey SFX. At this point Starbuck could be anything.
    I hadn't thought of it earlier but she's projecting the same way Baltar and Caprica 6 do. Instead she see's Leoben.
    There's rumor that she might appear briefly again in the finale although if true it could merely be in a prefilmed flashback. I'm just hoping they go somewhere with this because her special destiny being committing suicide is not going to cut it.

I also wonder if there is any real life reason behind the decision for her to leave/take a break. Katee Sackhoff has been rather critical about the direction of Starbuck publicly saying in interviews she is not too thrilled with the soapy turns her charecter has taken.
    Good point on the projections dude. So was Lee projecting as well when he say the Raider?
    So, now the stage is set for the television Trial Of The Century. So, what'll it be?

"Free Baltar!" or "Fry Baltar!"?