Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Galactica on Sunday!

Comments

• [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JackN [/i]
    [B]SOB, of course for me it is CST so it was on at 10:00 pm while I am trying to race home to catch it in all it's glory at 11 PM.

^%$^%$^% [/B][/QUOTE] First time I've seen Jack flip over anything lawl!

BSG FTW!

[URL]http://cyloncylonlol.ytmnd.com/[/URL]

[URL]http://theunfunnygalactica.ytmnd.com/[/URL]

[URL]http://picardpwnsbsg.ytmnd.com/[/URL]

[URL]http://bsgfyad.ytmnd.com/[/URL]
  • Vorlons in my HeadVorlons in my Head The Vorlons told me to.
    Oh cool. I saw the preview for the next BSG and it looks like they are giving the two next episodes back to back since there are skipping next week.
    I don't know if this is official yet but the word out is that ratings are steadily increasing on Sundays. Looks like Taking a Break got the best ratings this season so far at 1.9.
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    That sounds promising :)
    Actually I'm not sure of the math. Might be a little lower than 1.9 but it still got 2.05 million viewers which at the very least puts it as the second most watched episode after the premiwer which got 2.2 million. Either way, its one of the top episodes in the season and way up in key demographics and improving overall. Right after the premier is slumped into 1.3-1.4 rating almost immediately. Probably good news given that the deadline for season 4 renewal is mid February. Looks like the day change is paying off.

[url]http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA6411697.html[/url]

[i]"For the week ending Jan. 28, NBC Universal's USA and Sci Fi both had reason to celebrate. Sci Fi's Battlestar Galactica and The Dresden Files saw ratings bumps in their second weeks on Sunday night (Jan. 28). Dresden averaged 1.89 million viewers (up from 1.73 million for its series premiere) and Battlestar averaged 2.05 million (up from 1.8 million last week). The shows' Jan. 21 premiere numbers may have been diluted by competition from the AFC Championship game on CBS, which drew nearly 50 million that night."[/i]
    So whats Dresden Files like then? sorry slight red herring there...
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    It's basically a standard private detective procedural (person hires a detective, detective solves crime, usually stumbling onto larger crime in the process) with the twist that the detective is a wizard, and most of the stuff he investigates is likewise strange and paranormal.

So far, it seems a little by the numbers, but I'm chalking that up the premiere shakiness.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    Anybody taken the 4 BSG quizzes on the scifi homepage yet?

My score so far:

Simple: 10/10
    Easy : 9/10
    Tricky: 8/10
    Hard : 7/10

Looks like I need to brush up on some details...

Anyway, I look forward to this coming Sunday. :D
  • Simple: 10/10
    Easy: 10/10
    Tricky: 10/10
    Hard: 9/10

Almost aced 'em...and proved I watch way too much battlestar!;)

*edit*Ah, I found out where I messed up. oops:D
  • Mr_BesterMr_Bester Earthforce Officer St Louis MO
    Unfortunately,
    Simple 10/10
    Easy 10/10
    Tricky 9/10
    Hard 9/10

I believe I need more space in my brain for other things.....
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    10/10
    10/10
    10/10
    8/10

not sure where i messed up.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    10,10,9,8. Misclick on the 9'er got me one off. Boo!
    I got ten on all of them. First try.

Christ, I'm pathetic.
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    I thought Adama got his balls back in that Boxing episode though...

Now it's back to shmusin' again...
    Got 10 on the first three but test keeps crapping out on me on 8th question of the last one.
  • WHYWHY Elite Ranger
    Okay... that fully deserves whatever Arethusa has to say about it.

not even head-Baltar, Zarek and Doc Cottle could save that episode.
    I liked it. Helo needed an episode to work out his shit. He said it himself: "What the hell, am I just the guy who married a Cylon?"
    OK, episode content aside, the layout of this episode was just out of whack. It starts of clearly with what appears to be the A plot being Baltars trial and the B plot being the doc and the nutty Saggitarians. Only problem is the whole A-plot just completely drops off the map and the Helo story just completely takes over. The Baltar plot had no relevance to the episode. It felt like they couldn't fit it into the actual episode that will deal with it so they used up free space in this one for those scenes. The rest seemed like a lot of filler with little relevance just to advance Helo's character a small bit more.

Best part as usual was Tigh. " You better get your hand checked by the doctor" /evil tigh laugh
  • Space GhostSpace Ghost Elite Ranger
    Tigh is the frakkin' man. :D

That aside, I thought the episode was a little ho-hum. Not really good, but not really bad either. It seems like whoever creates the teasers likes to mislead the viewer. Spoiler: The way the commercials were playing it, this week would have been the trial of Baltar. Of course, this wasn't the case. I do like how the Baltar in Six's mind is back and scheming as much as ever. I also liked the fact that we see prejudice within the fleet. As usual, humans still can't completely put aside their differences and continue to hate one another in spite of the greater threat, namely Cylons.

Next week looks like the Chief and his wife are trapped in an airlock. However, the way the teasers have been going it could be about anything... ;)
    [QUOTE=Vorlons in my Head;156570]OK, episode content aside, the layout of this episode was just out of whack. It starts of clearly with what appears to be the A plot being Baltars trial and the B plot being the doc and the nutty Saggitarians. Only problem is the whole A-plot just completely drops off the map and the Helo story just completely takes over. The Baltar plot had no relevance to the episode.[/QUOTE]

The podcast talks about this. Originally, there was going to be a major part of the trial dealing with the Saggitarons and what happened with them under Baltar during the Missing Year, but they eventually decided against that and that the trial should concentrate on things we already know Baltar did, and not new stuff. This episode was going to introduce that plotline in force. So there was originally stuff with, like, Zarak visiting Baltar to sound out what he was going to say about the Saggitarons and such.

RDM literally said, in so many words, that the unfortunate effect of cutting those scenes that the audience has the valid question, "Why are we spending an episode with these strange, strange people."

And to be fair, there were two ads for this episode, one with the A plot of the Doctor, and the other with the B plot of Baltar's trial. Of course, for the last few weeks, (including this coming one) Sci-Fi airs the B plot ad first.

FYI, the next episode's A plot deals with Spoiler: Adama's marriage to Lee's mom.
    Yeah I kept waiting for the scene going back to Baltar but it never happened. Oh well. Yeah Tigh sure has the best laugh. Was even better on that blopper episode. Bloody hilarious :p
    I really did like the return of the played-in-reverse head-six theme for head-baltar. It's a simple mechanism to convey a fairly complicated thought.
  • There better be more Head Baltar...I LOVE that guy!
    Thank gods for the return of head Baltar. I was starting to think he'd been dropped as simply as the glowing backbones. Unfortunately his appearance had no real significance.

As far as the rest of the episode, it wasn't so bad. It was rather entertaining but it wasn't great either. Its bound to be one of those random forgettable episodes. It was just a pure set up episode for Helo and they really took the scenic route on this one. That was a lot of episode just to get to Helo's confession, which was for some strange reason added as a bonus scene. Not sure were the logic in that is, that was a pretty big deal. Other than that I was kind of left wondering why do we care about the Saggitarians all of a sudden. Performances as usual were pretty solid which made a bland episode beter. The evil doctor was a little stereotypical though. The character almost felt like he was pulled straight from the pool of Stargates bad guys. The part I really didn't dig was the ending. It was a little to Trekkish again. Helo is saved in the knick of time when Cottle comes back with the results and everything is tidied by the end. Whatever happened to evil BSG? In Season 1 they would have lynched Helo and airlocked him only to have Cottle come in with the results proving he was right once it was too late :D
    Props to them for actually making me believe they axed Dualla. At the rate they've been killing of characters this season I was ready to believe she was a goner.
    Season 4 is a go!

[url]http://www.syfyportal.com/news423249.html[/url]
    Wow, I'm exceptionally glad to see a network actually taking DVR use into account and using it as rationale for keeping a show on the air! Fantastic! Just because viewers don't/can't watch it now doesn't mean they never do.

Same for DVD sales. A big win for us there.
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    January?

I can tell a really nasty cliffhanger is coming for the end of season 3.
  • Space GhostSpace Ghost Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE=Vorlons in my Head;156594]The part I really didn't dig was the ending. It was a little to Trekkish again. Helo is saved in the knick of time when Cottle comes back with the results and everything is tidied by the end. Whatever happened to evil BSG? In Season 1 they would have lynched Helo and airlocked him only to have Cottle come in with the results proving he was right once it was too late :D
    Props to them for actually making me believe they axed Dualla. At the rate they've been killing of characters this season I was ready to believe she was a goner.[/QUOTE]

Actually, Dee wasn't in any danger so technically Helo didn't "save" her. But I understand what you mean, though.
    Good news on season 4 but the 13 episode number reads to me like Sci Fi will see how they go before going up to 20. Or maybe they've realised that by adding more episodes that the show is not as tight. There's been far too many filler episodes this season and its been pretty clear they've been stuck for content for a few. Maybe going back to 13 would be good, make for a tighter story line...
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    I knew the doctor would be evil, I've seen him play a similiar character in Kingdom Hospital.