Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

And so the end begins (Galactica) (S4.5 Spoilers through current episode)

Comments

• Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    I hadn't realised that Liam was short for William either, All in all a good episode, seemed a little rushed though, the episode ended and i was thinking "But wait, there is more to tell in this ep" not as good as the past couple. but still pretty fraking good
  • Vorlons in my HeadVorlons in my Head The Vorlons told me to.
    Good to see Baltar back to his old tricks. That was funny with him trying to hold the rifle and the clip falling out.
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    The whole Tigh/Ellan/Six thing was a bit too soap opera for my liking.

Worf
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    [QUOTE=Vorlons in my Head;179765]Good to see Baltar back to his old tricks. That was funny with him trying to hold the rifle and the clip falling out.[/QUOTE]

I love whenever Six throws him for a loop, and he thinks about it, and just shrugs and does what she says anyway.

"True strength comes from within! ...And from guns!"

This whole episode was hilarious (except, obviously, for the really sad parts). Ellen asking for the flask, and everyone looking embarrassed when Bill is the one who has one on him, Hot Dog's line when Ellen got off the Raptor, Saul's "Great-granddaddy was a power sander," Galen's "Can we talk about the baby later?"

It's interesting to see the blended ship. The combined CAP, and the cylon maintenance workers were one thing, but I was surprised when they started putting up photos of their friends who had died on the memorial wall.
  • Vorlons in my HeadVorlons in my Head The Vorlons told me to.
    I thought that it was amusing that even after her newly recovered memories and wisdom Ellen is still... Ellen.
    What's interesting about those photos is they're supposed to be from after the alliance was created.

I didn't know that many Cylons had died since then.

Worf
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    This episode had its moments, but it wont go down as a favourite. It was however a necessary stepping stone to the big boom at the end, and thats enough for me
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Yeah this episode did feel a bit off pace to me with some scenes a bit choppy. Good to see Baltar back though and finally 6 as well. Best bit for me was Saul speaking to Adama:

"My grandfather was a power sander"

Brilliant line :D
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    I thought it was Power Generator...
    [QUOTE=WORF;179771]What's interesting about those photos is they're supposed to be from after the alliance was created.

I didn't know that many Cylons had died since then.[/QUOTE]

Well, you've got Natalie, you've got both the Eights from "Face of the Enemy," the Cylon engineer of an unknown model killed in the tylium ship mutiny in "A Disquiet Follows My Soul," anyone who was killed when Narcho's missile missed the president and hit the baseship, and everyone killed at the Battle of the Resurrection Hub. And Roslin was assuming it was from the beginning of the alliance. All the cylons killed in Cavil's initial ambush of the rebels are permanently dead, as well.
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Nah, just played it back, he said power sander. Well that what my ears are telling me :)
  • Lord RefaLord Refa Creepy, but in a good way
    I hate Ellen.. out of all the possible ones.. they pick her.

FRAG!!!

She's ugly, boring, bad acting, selfish cunt who should be fraggin' airlocked until he stopped coming back.
  • I also heard Power Sander.

Bill and Tigh's embrace, mourning the death of Liam, was my favorite moment.
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    It was "power center"

Jake
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    I heard power sander also.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    I also heard "power sander." It makes the statement quite hilarious. :D
  • MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
    Me want action...
  • yeap agree Mundane
    I rewatched the episode today with a friend who missed it, and it broke my heart all over again when I realized the significance of something else that passed me by until I saw the writer mention it in an interview. Cylon pregnancy requires love. Six had her first pain with Liam when Ellen and Saul were, um, catching up in the wardroom. And then Liam died right after Ellen offered to give up Saul, and leave him and Six and Liam together, untroubled by her on [i]Galactica[/i], at the very moment he looked at her with forgiveness in his heart, loving her for sacrificing her own love for him. And Saul caught it, immediately apologizing and saying that it was his fault and trying to take it back.

And to think, before I realized that, I mused about how the world may be better if love was required for conception.
    [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3siqC4hoDQ"]This[/URL] needed a link :D

Worf
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    That whole episode is pretty fantastic Worf. That is actually Ron Moore's voice there at the end, he also got Joss Wheadon to do a part in it. It was the season 4 premier if I recall.
    I tracked it down and watched it earlier, it was indeed great :D

And then I went and made [URL="http://bathtub-productions.com/cinema.php?vid=38"]this[/URL].

Worf
    LMAO!!! not bad Worf, not bad at all.

I like the 6 at the end.
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    [QUOTE=SpiritOne;179888]That whole episode is pretty fantastic Worf. That is actually Ron Moore's voice there at the end, he also got Joss Wheadon to do a part in it. It was the season 4 premier if I recall.[/QUOTE]

IIRC Wheadon and Moore end up shooting at each other at one point.

A good RC clip with Wheadon: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WYs5K2glrk[/url]

Jake
    yeah they do, after a great scene with Family guy creator Seth McFarlane.
  • Crap that was an impressive episode...

Chief got played.
    I bet Helo felt like a huge idiot, too.
  • I did not notice, the first time I watched it, that the Bear McCreary/Kara's Father standin disappeared when Tigh walked up to the piano. That almost surprises me more than the Boomer/Hera action.
    Well, its more than obvious now who Kara's father was.

Boomer is a bitch, she played them all.
    She had the help of the show itself in her deception. C'mon, that bit a couple weeks ago, where she asks Ellen rhetorically "Who could I possibly want to love?" followed by a cut to Tyrol... that was pretty blatant foreshadowing. Actually made me groan a little with its uncharacteristic lack of subtlety. Well, I guess there was a good reason for that, now wasn't there?