Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

And so the end begins (Galactica) (S4.5 Spoilers through current episode)

Comments

• Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    My wife and I were two for two in the predictablity on this ep, at first my wife said "The guy at the Piano isn't really there" to which i said "Thats because it's her father" and i turned to her when Kara was walking up to the kid at the Piano in the flight deck and said "The kid is going to turn around and be kara's dead body"

Boomer pisses me off. I loved her at the beginning, when she thought she knew what she was, and her relationship with Tyrol, And now she's got to go and frak everyone over, Gods Dammit!
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    Great! Hulu is now waiting 8 days after airing to show episodes 18 and above... Grrr!
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    You'd think they'd figure out a way to make the humanoid Cylon copies look different enough to make sure not to mistake one for the other. But lets not have reality get in the way of entertainment. I mean how can you keep your car apart from the next one that looks exactly like yours? (By that I don't mean to imply license plates tattooed on the foreheads and buttocks of multiplets...) :D

For those of you who wanted more action, I hope the smoke filled bar with piano playing Starbuck wasn't too much of a letdown. :D

We are almost there and then we can move on to the Plan.
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Good episode. Liked the focus on the music. Really like the edge the piano pieces had. So Kara's father trained her to play a song that the 5 would be drawn too. Clever guy, sending a message to his own. Makes me wonder if he's still out there.

In the previous episode I was struck with how Sam sounded and almost looked like a hybrid. I think he's going to have to be plugged in for them to access what he knows.
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    Maybe he is the one that ressurected her and sent the song to the four on Galactica in the nebula, since both events happened around the same time?

Starbuck being half Cylon explains why Leoban knew she was special, the same way the other Cylons know that Hera is.

Worf
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Fantastic episode. Simply stunning.

But Im not sure Boomer is actually following anyones plan. i think shes a wild card. But I guess well see that in next episode.

I loved the music, the setup was fantastic, even as entil says it was really predictable. It was done in a good way. Its not predictable and bad.

Mmm, and I just want more.

I feel so sorry for Helo. He didnt know who he was frakking at the time, but Athena will blame him for sleeping with another woman and loosing their child. Hes one of the only two really good guys in the series.

I guess this was the episode where those two good guys lost everything. :(
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    [QUOTE=Messiah;179935]I feel so sorry for Helo. He didnt know who he was frakking at the time, but Athena will blame him for sleeping with another woman and loosing their child. Hes one of the only two really good guys in the series.[/QUOTE]

I don't think she will. They were both right there ripping the deckhands whole sets of new assholes for letting a three-year-old get smuggled onto a Raptor. She's probably far more angry at Boomer for taking advantage of him. I'm sure Helo will beat himself up over it, though.
    Oh, I did not mean openly, but deep inside.
    Oh, I did not mean openly, but deep inside.

[QUOTE=Vertigo_1;179922]I did not notice, the first time I watched it, that the Bear McCreary/Kara's Father standin disappeared when Tigh walked up to the piano. That almost surprises me more than the Boomer/Hera action.[/QUOTE]

Thats not Bear McCreary, according to Bears log, its a guy called Roark "Slick" Critchlow.
    Hmm, do you think, when they actually get to the "real" Earth, Daniel will be there waiting for them?
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Worf, yup thats what I've been thinking. And I suppose this was Starbucks version of projecting.
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    Was worried it would be another talking heads episode, but it came together nicely at the end. :)
    I was just thinking; Could the centurions project as well, or was that something given to the fleshies by the final five?
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    That was another good episode, but I found most of it was rather predictable. As soon as Starbuck started to talk to PianoGuy I was thinking to myself "...and here's Daniel then"

Not that I begrudge it, we're being brought nicely towards the resolution
    ... You know, if Starbuck's dad just turns out to be a human guy with mystical connections like Roslin, Baltar, or the Oracles we've met, I'm going to laugh my ass off.
    If it does, then thats crappy storytelling.
    How so? Because they introduced a concept just to retcon out the problem of there being no Number Seven and also to illustrate that Cavil isn't ruthlessly pragmatic, he's just an asshole? Daniel's already served a purpose, which is probably why the show hasn't been making an effort to keep him in our thoughts.

I'm just seeing people all over the internet preaching that Slick was proven to be Daniel, as if he made his first appearance in the episode naked, covered in goo, and surrounded by centurions. People are getting married to their theories, like a bunch of Harry Potter fans.
  • [QUOTE=Messiah;179942]Thats not Bear McCreary, according to Bears log, its a guy called Roark "Slick" Critchlow.[/QUOTE]I didn't say it was. Notice the word "standin" in what I wrote.

If you've been reading Bear's blog as you claim, you know that he was a direct inspiration for the character. Hope that doesn't mean he's got a fatherless daughter running around... :p

[QUOTE=David of Mac;179952]How so? Because they introduced a concept just to retcon out the problem of there being no Number Seven and also to illustrate that Cavil isn't ruthlessly pragmatic, he's just an asshole? Daniel's already served a purpose, which is probably why the show hasn't been making an effort to keep him in our thoughts.

I'm just seeing people all over the internet preaching that Slick was proven to be Daniel, as if he made his first appearance in the episode naked, covered in goo, and surrounded by centurions. People are getting married to their theories, like a bunch of Harry Potter fans.[/QUOTE]

I'm also not convinced that Kara's father was Daniel. All we know for sure is that he's just another head character, along with Six, Baltar, Leoben, Elosha, and Romo's cat. The idea of the end of the story being about Daniel just makes no sense storywise - the head characters are a far more prominent mystery, and they've been manipulating events behind the scenes since the start.
  • SpiritOneSpiritOne Magneto ABQ NM
    All I know is, if I were Helo, I would be taking Athena to the tattoo parlor or something. With all the 8s running around, he can't afford to mistake one for Athena again.
    Ironically, if he hadn't shot her so she could download and rescue Hera, he probably would've noticed that she was missing a scar from where he shot her that one time on Caprica. Oh, what a tortured web we weave.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    [QUOTE=Vertigo_1;179953]another head character, along with ...Romo's cat.[/QUOTE]

No way!! How does the cat fit into this story???
    [QUOTE=David of Mac;179955]Ironically, if he hadn't shot her so she could download and rescue Hera, he probably noticed that she was missing a scar from where he shot her that one time on Caprica. Oh, what a tortured web we weave.[/QUOTE]

Why would her new body have a scar?
    Exactly. By rescuing Hera in that way, they removed Athena's only distinguishing mark, which allowed Boomer to steal Hera again.

Oh, hey, I left out a "would've" in that post! Whoops!
    Ah it makes sense now. :)
    When I was out earlier, I went into a bookshop and they had All Along the Watchtower playing in the background.

Worf
    Who's version?
    Bob Dylon's.

It would have been great if it had been the Bear McCreary version :D
    I actually got into a discussion with my friends a few weeks ago about covers of "Watchtower," after someone was shocked to find out it wasn't a Hendrix original. I preached the good word to them about Bear's version.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Hallelujah Brother!
    It is far, far superior to the original.