Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

And so the end begins (Galactica) (S4.5 Spoilers through current episode)

Comments

• Vorlons in my HeadVorlons in my Head The Vorlons told me to.
    More importantly, Spoiler: the missing cylon was known as Daniel. That only leaves one disturbing conclusion. Starbuck is a man!!! It's been Dirk Bennedict all along!
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    Awesome conclusion VimH! :D
    [url]http://www.hulu.com/watch/57643/battlestar-galactica-no-exit[/url]
    Look at 19:50. The glowing lights. Daniel was supposed to be a guy but cavil tainted the fluid the bodies were stored in and corrupted the genetic database. Starbuck is probably the result of the corrupted database and was born a woman. He was described as an artistic type which would make sense since she has an artistic side. The eye of jupiter she always doodled probably carried over from that original model.
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    Personally, I prefer the theory that the original Daniel prototype, the one the first John Cavil became jealous of, escaped and became Daniel Thrace, Starbuck's father. He was a musician, and musicians are a kind of artist. And it would explain the YWKTT picture of Starbuck and a man at the piano.
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    Silly link works for US people only :p but you theory could be true VimH but I just thought the last comment you made was funny.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    I do like the concept behind what David suggests. It would certainly be a solid fit for this show. However, I still side on Starbuck being tied to the divine.
    I don't think there is anything devine in the show. Everything seems to stem from myth derived from actual past or planned events. I also like the idea of her being Daniels daughter but that means someone behind the scenes made a recent copy of her, my guess during the farm, and then downloaded her in the gas giant. Is this missing cylon still around and was he the one in the heavy raider? Everything points to her being ressurected cylon style, even if she isn't necessarily one.

Is it just me or did anyone find ressurected Ellen acting very similar in her manerisms after her total recollection of memories to the Six models? It's now obvious that she is not an older six, but if Cavil was based on her father then six might have been based on her.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Ooh, youre probably right, which would explain why Saul likes six so much.

And I really like the idea of Starbuck being Daniels daughter.
    My guess was that if the Colonial Cylons were all, or even some, based on people the Final Five knew, Six might've been Ellen's sister (or, to continue with the all-too-disgusting Oedipal/Electra thing that was going on with John and Ellen on New Caprica, maybe Six is based on Ellen and Saul's daughter).
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I just wonder what Ellen's going to think when she finds out Six is having Saul's baby. And what Saul's going to do when he finds out Ellen is 'alive/back'. I'm thinking it could get messy
    Oh, of course it's going to be messy. So is boomers return. Tyrols mixed feelings for her, the knowledge that he and Tory were engaged, something that is going to come back when their memory returns and lets not forget she killed Callie. I'm sure the combination of all those aspects are setting the foundation for the upcoming crap storms.
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    [QUOTE=Vorlons in my Head;179690]Oh, of course it's going to be messy. So is boomers return. Tyrols mixed feelings for her, the knowledge that he and Tory were engaged, something that is going to come back when their memory returns and lets not forget she killed Callie. I'm sure the combination of all those aspects are setting the foundation for the upcoming crap storms.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, a big one!!!

[IMG]http://www.psychobabyl.com/misc/crap_storm.gif[/IMG]
    These next few episodes are going to be...exciting.
    Of course they are. They're... [i]the Final Five.[/i]

Actually, I just realized, the Final Five cylons are being reunited for the Final Five episodes. I wonder if that was planned at all.
  • Darn good episode. Can't wait to see how this wraps up.
    And yes, I'm hoping for one more major space battle between now and then. I miss the action from seasons 1 and 2.
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    I"m just afraid that they can't get EVERYTHING tied up with out it benig rushed, or picking a Deus Ex Machina ending, Galactica is going to crash into the timeship and the past 4 years will not have happened sort of thing...
    To be honest I wasn't that impressed with this last episide. Time is becoming compressed and there is just not enough air time to develop things. Many of the great misteries were revealed in a story telling session by Ellen and Anders. Whatever happened to revealing things gradually. Everyhting was spewed out and spoon fed to the audience. This was a really cheap way to deliver the goods. It reminded me of The Matrix when the architect is explaining everything. Kind of anti-climactic to learn things in that fashion.
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    That was great. What revelations... probably a little too many maybe for one but still... wow!
    According to Bear, the next episode is just as talky, so we may not have gotten all the infodump we're going to get, either.

As for how the background was delivered, I guess that depends on whether the last few episodes' thrust should be ending the story of Adama, Roslin, Lee, Starbuck, Baltar, and all the rest, or completing the background meta-story of the Cylons, Kobol, Earth, and the Colonies. Since the show is about the quest for a new home, and not investigating the mysteries of the past, I lean towards the former.
  • i assume so many talkies means a really explosive ending, fleets of earth ships fighting fleets of cylons and galactica fighting them all!!! O boy I hope I dont get let down by my own hopes.
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    I do miss the days of more action but I realise the show needs a plot, so I'm fine with some talky episodes.

I too am hoping that means we see some big epic battle at the end. I think we will, whoever nuked Earth is still out there, I want to see them show up just as Cavil attacks Galactica and save the day.

Some friends and I have been comparing B5 to Galactica recently and one thing that has occured to me. B5 was a lot better at balancing the plot and action episodes than Galactica has been for the last 2 seasons.

Worf
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    As much as I like Galactica.....B5 is just better all round! ;)
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    I do hope they tie up Baltars arch. It would be a shame to let his character melt away into the background, which is pretty much what's been happening to him lately.

Worf I agree, JMS did balance it a lot more. There are occasions where I would live BSG to blow more stuff up but its not a deal breaker for me.

I hope Cavil gets what's coming to him. As more and more got revealed of what he has done, I really wanted to wring his neck.

So what's the chances that Cavil has hidden a tracker on the Raptor? I would have done if I was him.
    I think they said the last episode was going to be about 3 hours long. Hopefully that will mean less talk more boom.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Although I think and hope that Daniel was Starbucks father, wouldnt it be funny if doc Cottles first name was Daniel? ;)
    It'd be fraking hilarious.

"Daniel was so sensitive and kind... an artist."

[i]Montage of Cottle flashbacks[/i]

"Sorry, Starbuck, we're weaning you off the magic pills. 'Sides, I need 'em for myself."

"Frakkin' hypochondriacs, one on every bloody ship..."

"I hadn't done the test, I just wanted you to stop bothering me."

"She'll live."

"I do mind, actually."

"Gotta love a woman who can still complain with her jaw wired shut."
    [QUOTE=David of Mac;179559]Until then, you can see a tiny, tiny copy of the original cylon hybrid concept drawing in [url=http://www.battlestarprops.com/battlestar-galactica-auction-catalog-available-for-download/]the BSG auction catalogue (no spoilers past "Revelations," so it's safe)[/url] to get an idea of how truly freaky and inhuman they are.[/QUOTE]

I just found a site with more and larger photos of everything in the auction book. To see even more hybrid goodness, [url=http://www.auctionnetwork.com/UpcomingItem.asp?EventId=29529&ShowId=321&SortBy=-Past]click here.[/url]
    Hmm. Has anyone completely ripped the contents of that site yet? :P
    Very neat. I guess budget constraints forced them to just use off the shelf electrical conduit and irrigation tubing to make all of the non-human bits of the hybrid. :D
    Isn't it just like them that one of the funniest episodes of the season would also have some of the saddest, most poignant moments?

I'm embarrassed to say that until Bill pointed it out, I hadn't realized the significance of Saul's choice of name. It makes sense, though. Thrown out into the world, completely alone, angry, and with a host of painful and traumatic war memories courtesy of John Cavil, Tigh was on a fast track to a quick death in a gutter, until Bill Adama showed up with a stolen shotgun and pulled him out of it. Adama was Tigh's rock for the thirty years, and never tried to hurt him or play him like Ellen did (well, up until his drunken attempt as suicide by cylon). Frankly, I don't blame him for loving Bill Adama and his identity as a soldier more than anyone else.