Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

And so the end begins (Galactica) (S4.5 Spoilers through current episode)

Comments

• WORFWORF The Burninator
    Interesting Sanfam, we both have similar theories as to what will happen.

When they do find another planet to live on, I suspect it will have the same land masses we're familiar with. Not only that but they will call it Earth as a symbol of hope, because they travelled so far looking for Earth as a new home.

Whoever nuked the Cylon Earth is still out there, I doubt it was anyone from the Twelve Colonies. Perhaps there really is a 13th tribe of humans still out there and thats where the fleet ends up.

Something interesting has to happen with the Cavil's, since their fleet definitely outnumbers/guns Galactica and the rebel baseship.

Worf
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    I don't honestly believe anyone in particular nuked Earth. In my eyes, it was meant to further reinforce the "it has all happened before" theme in the show. How exactly, I'm not certain as there's a pretty significant disconnect in terms of timeframes.

Names are less relvant than the simple fact that they are tangible milestones of achievement. Planet X, nebula Y, war, peace, war, death. etc.
  • Entil'ZhaEntil'Zha I see famous people
    when i first saw the marks on the ship, i though, "Oh crap, the hull is going to breach now and Galen is going to die, NOOOOOoooooooo"

of course, when i saw him in the FTL room, i thought "They are going to jump, the room is going to fill with red goo and Galen is going to die, NOOOOooooo"

Either way, i pictured it ending badly for Galen.
    Oh yeah, and while i wasn't sure if they counted towards the 12 "models" i always thought that the Hybrid, and the Cylon raiders were actually Cylons. Organics and Technology fused.
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    [QUOTE=Entil'Zha;179607]of course, when i saw him in the FTL room, i thought "They are going to jump, the room is going to fill with red goo and Galen is going to die, NOOOOooooo"[/QUOTE]

My friend thought the same thing, believing it was going to be a tie back to New Caprica and Tyrol the union leader [i]literally[/i] seeing the machine he built with his blood and his sweat being used for something so foul and perverse that he [i]actually did[/i] throw his body on the gears and the levers and made it stop.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Thanks DoM for the link, those pictures cleared up a few things.
    I'm just gladd that he didn't get dead (yet) he may be my favorite character.
  • zomg they nerfed him!
    [QUOTE=David of Mac;179231]Okay, here's a theory I had, based on four pieces of information swirling in my head.

But, then, I was also sure Roslin was the last Cylon, so what do I know?[/QUOTE]

Nothing, apparently, since I was utterly frakking wrong. My mind is quite thoroughly blown, though.
  • allot of info this episode, they are still not telling who nuked earth. This episode felt a little rushed.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    I got to hand it to them, letting a comedian do brain surgery on a Cylon is original. :D
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    I find it funny that the centurions were helped by the 5 to build the other organic cylons, and yet the organic cylons treat the centurions as servants.
    It was stated before the centurions had devices to control them. Cavil must have put those in place when he disposed of the five.

Worf
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    I must say, watching this in a movie theater was quite enjoyable. I should go again when there be big epic space battle.
  • Vorlons in my HeadVorlons in my Head The Vorlons told me to.
    I'm a PC and I do cylon brain surgery.
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    That was awesome! And finally some answers! .....and more questions!

I thought Boomer's switching sides (again) was a bit predictable, but that was the only thing in the whole lot that was.
    It seems to be remarkably easy for disgruntled cylons to just sneek away on captured raptors. More interesting is that cavils fleet is in pursuit but doesn't actually know where the colonial fleet is yet Boomer seems to have no problem finding them.
    Cavil didn't seem too interested in finishing off the fleet just yet. I think that will change when he discovers that Boomer and Ellen are missing.

Worf
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    [QUOTE=Vorlons in my Head;179650]It seems to be remarkably easy for disgruntled cylons to just sneek away on captured raptors. More interesting is that cavils fleet is in pursuit but doesn't actually know where the colonial fleet is yet Boomer seems to have no problem finding them.[/QUOTE]
    Well Cavil does have his sadistic side, so I'm betting he's waiting to turn the screws just a bit more on the Five. And he really thinks Boomer is on his side, so he wouldnt be too concerned about keeping her under observation.

Unless there's another twist coming....which, knowing this show, is highly likely
  • the bullet in the brain triggering total memory recall, I don't know if that is a good plot device.
    Yes, it wasn't nearly as plausible as the nebula that doubled as a classic-rock station.
    Roslyn is not the dying leader spoken of in the scrolls.. Galactica is...
    But Tyrol mentioned that organic cylon superglue with which he intends to patch up the ship. Adama told him to do whatever he deemed necessary to save the ship.

I'm also a bit surprised by all those stresses the ship apparently went through, it's not like we are talking about a naval vessel which was exposed to salty water and large waves during a tropical storm. Granted it has seen quite a few battles and it was to be decommissioned at the start of the show.

I buy Adama's theory much more that the builders cut corners during construction. :)
    Salt? Galactica would be exposed to much worse than salt, massive gravitational forces, interstellar radiation, vast extremes of heat and cold.
    Impacts from weapons fire, including multiple nukes. Debris from ships that exploded nearby, the New Caprica jump trick, the dangerous nebula crossing in season 3...

Worf
    gravitational stresses twisting the ship in 3 dimensions...
    And that is just what we've seen. Who knows what damage the ship sustained in the 50 years before the war that was never properly repaired.

Worf
    The fact that it has gone toe to toe with multiple basetars on countless occassions without ever being overhauled in drydock for over 4 years is implausible enough. In NC alone it took a pounding of missiles sorrounded by three basetars.
    Tagged for future spoiler if I'm right Spoiler: Anyone else notice starbuck is the the 13th cylon, or #7? The glowing lights the 5 are always seen in were on her just as Anders went into surgery. I remember in Maelstrom, Leoben tells starbuck exactly the same thing D'anna said when she was ressurecting herself to see the 5. Something about seeing what lies between life and death.
    That would explain why she found the remains of herself in the charred viper cockpit. :D