Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Babylon 5: Combat Sim - Music CD?

Comments

• Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Nope... no reply from CF, JMS or Steve Grimm. Hard to know if should hold off sending another salvo of emails off, i.e. wait for JMS to deal with the new project, as I'm sure he's up to his eyeballs trying to get it ready.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    well...hmm...
  • you know...who actually holds the rights to the ITF music? Franke, or *Shudders* Sierra?

if the later, just plop it on bittorrent and kazaa. :D
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    Well, if we look at the LR music, there are themes from the ITF music, so i would guess that he has the rights...
  • SamsomaelSamsomael Earthforce Officer
    What if the music is being used on the new project and CF and JMS are holding off for that? It's already featured in LR. If JMS can't talk about the new project ...? It maybe a long shot but you never know.
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    That's at least plausible.
  • samuelksamuelk The Unstoppable Mr. 'K'
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Bekenn [/i]
    [B]That's at least plausible. [/B][/QUOTE]

Not really. It's not very likely that JMS would decide to use tracks of music made for a long-cancelled game in another project.
    See: Legend of the Rangers

Good music's good music. Besides, JMS doesn't so much choose music as he does approve what Chris Franke gives him.

Now, at this point in the project, there's probably nothing at all being done on the music front, but it's plausible -- I didn't, and won't, say likely -- that Chris Franke's holding onto the ITF music in case it proves applicable.
    Mmmm ... like I said, bit of a long shot, but we may be lucky to here it elsewhere.
  • E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
    Still nothing to tell?
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    Still nothing?
    Is there any way that those of us who are looking on in rapture waiting for ITF music can support the release of said music without bugging CF or JMS too much (don't think mass email requests would go down to well, espec. if JMS is working on a project)?
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Dont wake the sleeping giant. At least not by waving a copy of his music in front of him...

What we want to do is tread sofly, especially with as sensitive a subject as copyrights to music. Dont give Firstones a bad name...
    Hmmm... wake a giant, risk getting stepped on ;).

I was thinking just a single petition like was done with ITF, but like I said - don't want to bug them to much as I have read quite a number of emails have been sent already.
  • DarkbladeDarkblade Earthforce Officer
    I'll be making ~1 minute samples from each and every Battle Themes (5 in total) track in 160 kbps quality.

They'll be available tomorrow at unknown time.
  • E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
    I can barely wait for those.
  • spessuspessu Trainee
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Darkblade [/i]
    [B]I'll be making ~1 minute samples from each and every Battle Themes (5 in total) track in 160 kbps quality.

They'll be available tomorrow at unknown time. [/B][/QUOTE]

We want more, we want more! Hehe, just kidding... or am I? ;)

Well anyway, looking forward to hear those "samples".
  • DarkbladeDarkblade Earthforce Officer
    [url=http://koti.mbnet.fi/fury/itfmp3-ext-samples/]Into the Fire: Extended Track Samples[/url]

They are up. Enjoy. :)
  • Mr. FuryMr. Fury Earthforce Officer
    And just to remind you. Original extended tracks are 320kbps and ~11:20 mins long.
  • spessuspessu Trainee
    OMG, these samples rock! :cool:
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    And for those missing earlier posts, you can also find the slimmed down versions of the ITF tracks over at Thirdspace.net
  • E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
    I like second track. [img]http://forums.firstones.com/images/oldicons/icon14.gif[/img]

EDIT: All are good, but I like little more others compared to track one.
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    Those samples make me wish I could have listened to the music the way it was meant to be listened to...while flying a Starfury and killing things!

Worf
  • spessuspessu Trainee
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by E.T [/i]
    [B]I like second track. [img]http://forums.firstones.com/images/oldicons/icon14.gif[/img]

EDIT: All are good, but I like little more others compared to track one. [/B][/QUOTE]

I like that one too, number 4 is also great. 3 and 5 are good, 1 is OK.
    Arrgh!

I... can't... take this!

Need music!
    Downloading now.... cheers DarkBlade! U da man! :)
  • E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by spessu [/i]
    [B]I like that one too, number 4 is also great. 3 and 5 are good, 1 is OK. [/B][/QUOTE]
    And even thought that I would say these all are better than 99 % of music which is published.
    All are excellent!!! I especially like the beginning of track 4... would have been perfect being played as one led a squadron of furies on an attach run on some raiders or another enemy. Nice and dramatic and fast paced.
  • Whitestar 15Whitestar 15 Earthforce Officer
    ...MUST....HAVE...CD....
    *collapses*
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    Darkblade...you ROCK man!!!

Gah...I want ITF. :(