Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Babylon 5: Combat Sim - Music CD?

Comments

• Oh man I want it too...IFH is pretty awesome, but as long as we're gonna have to wait for the full game...bleah!

*sigh*
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    Received a message from someone saying they couldn't download the tracks from Thirdspace, so I put up a mirror. Here are the "short versions" of the Into The Fire tracks as from TS:

[url]http://www.sectorfiles.com/upload/IntoTheFire-ShortVersions/[/url]

Note these are [B]NOT[/B] the original extended versions, but instead of a "mix" including a good 35% of each track.
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    And, if I remember right, those are the ones that first appeared on musicofb5.com lo those many years ago.

Hell and damnation, why I didn't take more advantage of that site when it was here, I shall never know.
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    I have about 90% of the tracks from MusicofB5 on a CD around here somewhere....
  • E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by David of Mac [/i]
    [B]And, if I remember right, those are the ones that first appeared on musicofb5.com lo those many years ago.[/B][/QUOTE]
    You remember right, these Battle Sequence tracks were available in musicofb5.
  • Mr. FuryMr. Fury Earthforce Officer
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by A2597 [/i]
    [B]I have about 90% of the tracks from MusicofB5 on a CD around here somewhere.... [/B][/QUOTE]

I have all the tracks from musicofb5.com, if thirdspace.net does not have them all, give me a space to upload them to and I will happily do so.

[i]And don't forget the one who provided the space to download the samples.[/i] ;)
    I have the following in CD format, NOT MP3, but are ripped for personal listening - Though I won't share them because they are from CDs :)

Babylon 5 - In The Beginning OST
    Babylon 5 - OST (Season 1/Season 2)
    Babylon 5 - Volume 2 - Messages from Earth
    Babylon 5 - Z'ha'dum OST
  • Whitestar 15Whitestar 15 Earthforce Officer
    I just ordered 'Messages from Earth' from Amazon.co.uk Marketplace...hopefully it should arrive soon. I hope it is as good as these!
    Messages from Earth is very good IMO :)

Namely the Extended Season 1 Theme, Messages from Earth (includes parts from Z'Ha'dum, Shadow Dancing and Severed Dreams) and Voices of Authority (great when you turn it up) :-)
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    Did anyone else ever notice that in both Babylon 5 Vol. 1 and 2, while they had music from the episode sited, it was almost never in the correct track? Quite a bit of the Severed Dreams Suite was from Messages From Earth, for instance, and except for the first part (from Z'ha'dum) Messages From Earth was completely new. So was Voices of Authority (at the time, at least, before part of it was used in the Season 5 theme).

I just thought that it was odd. Makes it a bit of a chore to find a specific piece, though. "Well, I want the music when Earth Force One exploded, which was in Chrysalis, but is in Mind War on the CD. But Mind War I or Mind War II...?"
    It was the same for both volumes. The music was never intended to be episodic. The titles, despite being episode titles, are also the titles I think JMS felt suited those particular suites. Volume 2 is a little more confusing than Volume 1, however, because V1 had more suitable titles - Mind War describing the various episodes related to mind games and Geometry of Shadows depicting the events involving the Shadows (Garibaldi getting shot, G'Kar being betrayed, The Coming of Shadows themselves). At least, that's how I see it works with those titles. Voices of Authority seems appropiate for the Season 5 intro theme, I thought the S5 theme always did have an "authority" likeness to it.
  • SamsomaelSamsomael Earthforce Officer
    Vol.1 and Vol2. were a bit respresentative of the feeling of the B5 universe I feel rather than representative of the episodes themselves IMHO. Esp. the litttle bit of Vorlon you hear in the background on Vol. 2, I think it was.
  • Whitestar 15Whitestar 15 Earthforce Officer
    Wow, it's a very impressive CD. I always held off buying it before because I didn't think it had the Season 5 track on, but that 'Voices of Authority' is basically it!

Might have to look around for the first one as well now!

And am definately wanting - no, make that needing - these ITF tracks on a CD :D
    Definitely an impressive CD :)

Initially I didn't think vol.1 was as good but it really grew on me.
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    Vol 1 has more character, I think. That's not to say it's better than Vol 2, but I do think it's more distinctive.
    ^^ I agree, Vol 1 had some really nice little melodies, and percussive suites. Infact, it was all really cute. Hehe. Some demo scene vibes ;)

[QUOTE]
    I have all the tracks from musicofb5.com, if thirdspace.net does not have them all, give me a space to upload them to and I will happily do so.[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, got some right here. E-mail me - [email]hunter@sectorgame.com[/email]
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    any updates on
    A: the ITF CD
    B: the music from Music of B5?

I'd love to get the few peices I missed...
  • I just listened the samples.... I WANT THE WHOLE TRACKS!!!!! Holy shit, must be some of The Best musical moments I have ever heard in my life, and they were just the samples.

hu huhu huhuhhh
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    No nothing A2597. I have thought about sending an email again but might wait until the May announcement from JMS comes.
  • E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Falcon1 [/i]
    [B]No nothing A2597. I have thought about sending an email again but might wait until the May announcement from JMS comes. [/B][/QUOTE]
    Soon we can celebrate half year "birthday" of our waiting. :p
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    great, but who'll blow out the half-candle?
  • EclecticonautEclecticonaut Elite Ranger
    [img]http://www4.tpgi.com.au/users/russ1/images/pbr/mini-me.jpg[/img]
    I must say that I appreciate the diligence of those for keeping up contact with CF and JMS on behalf of the rest of us :D
  • MartianDustMartianDust Elite Ranger
    Yeah me too! Really hope you hear something in the end, don't give up!
    :)
  • E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
    Just reminding people from this.

Is there any news?
  • Mr. FuryMr. Fury Earthforce Officer
    Don't you think it would be posted if there would be any news? ;)
  • For a while, I almost forgot this... Damn you! :D
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Muwahahaha!
  • anhtaranhtar Trainee
    Nice tracks. Really awsome stuff that brings back B5 memories... sigh...

Anyway, I just wanna make some comments.

This thread started all the way back in late 2003. Someone got hold of some unreleased B5 related sound tracks. It was meant for a game that was never completed sad to say.

Ok, so you guys have been trying to get permission for the release of these sound tracks incase of copyright issues. I understand the legality of the dilemma, and I am all for the copyright protection.

You guys did the right thing and tried to contact the owner of the material before distributing it. I applaud that noble effort.

However, I just realised its been over 6 months since this thread has started, and still you haven't gotten any official response. WTF????

I just finished reading the thread from the beginning, and I thought that by the time I reached towards the end, the sound tracks would have been posted by now. I was quite bewildered to see nothing has been achieved so far, and only some samples have been posted here.

Come on, enough is enough I say.

People here were drooling mad for the short preview samples that were finally made available.

I think it is disrespectful (maybe even outrageous) for them not to have responded all this time, considering you guys have been so patient and tried doing the 'right' thing.

I can't believe you guys can be so patient. We are the fans so why aren;t we entitled to enjoy some of the artwork that has been made? For goodness sake, this is art matrial that should be enjoyed by the fans. What good is the stuff if it is hidden somewhere and left to collect dust on the cupboard?

I suggest you guys post links to the material in its entirety here in this thread now.

That way, atleast the poor sods (including myself) who have been drooling and dreaming about the sound tracfks can finally enjoy it. I am sure the guys who actually have the full sounds tracks aren't too concerned about the waiting period because they have it now. Well, what about those guys who have been waiting for the last 6 months?

Life is too short guys, don;t be spoiling the fun.

Anyone agree on this?

And just 1 more question, how many guys actually have the full sound tracks so far?
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    ok, well, while we are all drooling, the fact that we havent heard back from them could be due to several reasons, not least of which is the upcoming B5 project. plus copyright could come into it i suppose.

i have enough regard for JMS and co. that i can wait a little longer