Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Galactica on Sunday!

Comments

• Vorlons in my HeadVorlons in my Head The Vorlons told me to.
    I kept waiting for that dude with the sunglasses to say I'M ALL IN!! or I RAISE 50000 CUBITS! at any point during the entire episode.
  • PSI-KILLERPSI-KILLER Needs help
    The futures so bright I gotta wear shades
  • Space GhostSpace Ghost Elite Ranger
    I think he's a Cylon.
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    That episode didn't really do much for me.

Oh and I found the lawyers accent strange. For some reason he had an Irish twang to his accent, yet he is from the UK. Maybe there was an Irish enclave on one of the colonies :p
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    I'm betting his family hailed from the same area of Aerelon as husky-Baltar. That, or its just a strange coincidence of casting.

Speaking of casting, he sure gets to dress better than when he was on Firefly. Must be nice to go from petty gangster to public defender (and one that dresses like a pimp, to boot).
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    I was trying to work out what I had seen him in before, thanks :)

I think he's Cylon too.

Worf
    That dude did have a rather odd accent. Wearing the sunglasses all the time made it feel like I was watching some dude from the world poker tour on BSG.
    He was in the X-Files, season one, Bobby the Caretaker I think... the guy who could summon fire. He was in last seasons 24 as well. He gets around.

He is extremely confident thats for sure. Given the Cylons have been so quiet they are planning something. Whether he is there to do damage or just get the baby back who knows.

As long as the final episode doesn't turn into Matlock I'll be happy.
  • I like the music in Matlock though...
    Why is it so many of those cop shows had fairly cheery and upbeat theme music? Matlock, Law and Order, others. Its strange.
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    Because all but 5 minutes of each episode were gloomy and dull? :p
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    At the end of the latest Q&A clip with Athena/Boomer (on the scifi BSG website), Grace Park's reading a question that BR fans should recognize immediately.

What I'm really wondering is why nobody's touched on this license yet, it would be so great to have a Blade Runner TV series. I mean with so many contemporary cop shows, why hasn't anyone tried his hand at the rich universe Philip K. Dick created, for that matter, Minority Report would also have a lot to offer in that respect. I suppose a reset of Blade Runner would be in order since I don't see Harrison Ford reprising his role.

As for the latest BSG episode, there isn't really much to say. I first thought that the reason why so many of the main characters were missing objects had a symbolic meaning, that in a way all of them were missing Starbuck, that some part of themselves had been taken. When it turned out that the pimp-lawyer had kleptomaniacal tendencies, I was somewhat disappointed.

Gaius is coming off as a bit too weak, he has lost a lot of his initial confidence. I guess being in captivity does play on the mind.
  • FreejackFreejack Jake the Not-so-Wise
    [QUOTE=Stingray;157626]What I'm really wondering is why nobody's touched on this license yet, it would be so great to have a Blade Runner TV series. I mean with so many contemporary cop shows, why hasn't anyone tried his hand at the rich universe Philip K. Dick created, for that matter, Minority Report would also have a lot to offer in that respect. I suppose a reset of Blade Runner would be in order since I don't see Harrison Ford reprising his role.[/QUOTE]

I hadn't thought about it, but you are right, Blade Runner would make a great series. I imagine the storyline would be similar to the Blade Runner computer game that came out around '97 in that it followed a character other than Deckard through a differing storyline. Lift some of Syd Mead's visuals from the film and I think you'd have a great show.

Jake
  • RickRick Sector 14 Studios
    Frak me! That was both upsetting and refreshing...

Spoiler: Kara dying in such a way has made allot of people upset, or elated...opinions of the character aside, I don't understand why people think her death was a pointless waste after her development of character. BSG has always been about characters, and, oddly enough, with everything that has happened in my own life, I could actually empathize with her character and what she was going through in the time leading up to her death. Many things, I've found, in BSG make no sense unless you've been to that edge yourself.

"Let me go..." ...

It's so profound and real once you've been there yourself. If you're lucky, you make it back...not may do.

And then there was that conspiracy theory where several people swear they hear an old school Cylon saying "By your.." *Kara's viper explodes* (3:20 before the end, if you iTunes it). Personally, I think it was metal fatigue SFX, but I could be wrong...

And then there is this whole thing about the Six in Baltar's head, and Baltar in Cap6's head; it makes perfect sense to me--many people imagine points and counterpoints argued with persons that aren't there...I think it's just RJM's way of visualizing that experience.

Just my $0.02

-R.
    VimH: I pretty much equate it to my shock when Kosh was killed.

-R.
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    Damn Asian Cylons anyways...

:p
    [QUOTE=JackN;157701]Damn Asian Cylons anyways...

:p[/QUOTE]

ROTFLMAO! You hit the Toaster on the head!
  • WHYWHY Elite Ranger
    It's Badger from Firefly.

And you call yourselves Sci Fi fans :p
    So was Crossroads Pt 1 an episode of Matlock or not?
  • PSI-KILLERPSI-KILLER Needs help
    Judge Judy....

"Who keeps playing that damm music"
    Judge Judy, I wish.

Not because I didn't enjoy the episode, but because I would die happy if next week, Lee called out Bill "Independent Tribunals For All Accused People (named Galen Tyrol)" Adama on saying that Baltar doesn't deserve a trial by using the phrase "don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining."
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    [QUOTE=Falcon1;157936]So was Crossroads Pt 1 an episode of Matlock or not?[/QUOTE]

Not
    Interesting episode.

[Spoiler]So this music, is it some subliminal make people go crazy by the cylons or are they picking up something transmitting from the nebula?[/Spoiler]
    It was different. I like it. Fed up with all the usual stuff, so different is good. And, and its the first time we get to see that [SPOILER]opera house[/SPOILER] in a long time!
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    Spoiler: I can't help wondering, maybe the music is some kind of awaking of the final five. Tigh, Anders and possibly the presidents assistant (I don't recall her name) make three, so we're still missing two more. Any thoughts?

Worf
    Very good episode actually. I only wish it would have run before the rash of fillers right after Baltars interrogation. Its an unusual change pace for a season ender to have a courtroom drama instead of the typical higher action we've been used to. They brought back a lot of the mini-series style theme music during the head Six scenes which was a very nice and long missed touch. One thing I did miss was the long musical intro on the first part of the season enders such as the classical tune in Kobols Last Gleaming 1 and the bass/rock tune in Lay Down Your Burdens 1.

About the music Tigh and Anders hear, I got the feeling this was their take of the original BSG episode where they start recieving ancient transmissions from the moon landing. I think they are starting to recieve long ago sent radio transmissions from earth and somehow its barely resonating on the hull or the ships audio system.
    Another thing I noticed, Anders is now wearing a military uniform. Seems he is now officially in the military, question is, is he training to be a Viper jock since he's hangin with the pilots? It would make sense to make him into a marince with his combat experience. It would probably be more believable to have him lead Marine groups rather than the the usual pilots who do it.

There's also another thing I've been suspecting. It seems to be starting to make sense that people who have visions,halucinations such as Baltar and Starbuck have a cylon connection in someway. I think Roslin has a cylon connection beyond that of Hera's blood. Her halucinations are pretty similar to cylon projection and I'm starting to suspect this new cylon might have something to do with her.
    [QUOTE=WORF;157990] Spoiler: I can't help wondering, maybe the music is some kind of awaking of the final five. Tigh, Anders and possibly the presidents assistant (I don't recall her name) make three, so we're still missing two more. Any thoughts?

Worf[/QUOTE]

Well, we saw that people who could hear it heard it at the same time, so we can rule out anyone who was in the same room but didn't react.

Anders is a nugget, training to be a Viper pilot. And he also seems like he's going to hit Seelix hard on the rebound. That, or they'll start to have a Sam and Diane(a) thing going on.

Also, here's an interesting tidbit about the phantom music that may or may not be reveled or become important next week, so I'm coding it just to be safe. Spoiler: The song they Tigh, Sam, and Tory kept almost-hearing was Bob Dylan's "All Along The Watchtower"
    Are you sure? If so...

!!!!!!
    Well, Spoiler: Everything I've heard agrees on [i]what[/i] song it is. Some people say it's Dylan's original version, some people say that it's the Jimi Hendrex cover, and Bear McCreary's blog implies (but doesn't saying anything outright) that it may have been done in-house. I suppose the conclusive answer will come from the blog after the next episode airs.
    It would be a natural progression for Anders to become a marine. Perhaps he's hanging with the pilots to be close to the people that knew Starbuck? Or maybe they just stuck em there because the pub set was still up :P

Having watched the preview for the finale I think the pace will be a bit more exciting for this one. I'm looking forward to it! :)

Good point on Roslin Vorlons... but if she is projecting, why does she require drugs to do it? I wonder if certain people need a particular catalyst, like Baltar's highly stressed situation.