Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Galactica on Sunday!

Comments

• Vorlons in my HeadVorlons in my Head The Vorlons told me to.
    I might be reading too much into things or perhaps expecting too much but going back to the first season in Flesh and Bones, Roslin's visions were more than mere drug induced halucinations. She was able to not only foresee Leobens airlocking but its becoming clear that there's something more to Leobens character than just another cylon model.
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Damn it now I need to watch that episode again! :D
  • RickRick Sector 14 Studios
    ***UPDATED***

Well, here are my bets on the music, the final 5, and Starbuck:

Spoiler:

[b]The music...[/b]
    ...is a "wake up" beacon, sent out by the Cylons.

[b]The Cylon(s) are...[/b]
    Tigh - Because of the symbolism (one eye--RDM can't resist it...nothing in this show is an accident); also, because of the irony of a man so bitter with hatred for the toasters actually being one. I've suspected this one since ep 2.3. Remember 3 also apologized to one of them in her vision. The only one which struck me as worthy of apology was Tigh. I mean, come on...they ripped his eye out!

Anders - He heard the music that Tigh was "tuning into" on the radio. No one else in the bar seemed to. There are no coincidences in BSG.

The Presidents Aide (whose name escapes me ATM) - Notice how she's been flipping out lately? Kinda like Tigh? Coincidence? Remember the BSG-Coincidence rule. again.

I'm a little stumped on the last two. I'm thinking that Tyrol may be a cylon, based mostly on his pre-New Caprica psychotic episodes (remember when he went all monkey-wrench on Kalie?). He also has a bitter hate for Cylons, much like Tigh. Again...Irony, AND Coincidence-BSG rule. I expect his loathing and self hate to hit epic proportions now.

I honestly suspect the President as well--that weird illness that the blood of a hybrid cured, coupled with the wild-ass visions she shares with Six and Boomer just really sets it up for me.

Kalie? Hah! We'd be so lucky. Bloody doubtful. I think fans are standing in line to airlock that character, cylon or not ;)

[b]Starbuck[/b]
    Died, but comes back in another form to fulfil her destiny: Guide BSG75 to Earth.

That's my take, anyway. I suspect next season is going to focus on the greyer areas of war, and how one defines "human" and "Cylon". I expect some INSANELY tense and dramatic moments as a consequence of the revelations we get next Sunday. Especially in the Admiral. The search for Earth will, of course hit the fast track as well.

Also...they confirmed a 22 episode order this week (including the 2-hour DVD which is rumored to bring back "The Beast" for some backfilling in the story). Honestly, I think the finale will complete the cycle of the season EVERYTHING changed (sound familiar?).

BTW: I was very impressed with the dialog in the Bonus Scene from Crossroads, Pt 1. The lecture on guilt vs innocence, and defying "the family" was a great piece of writing. Too bad it wasn't left in the episode. Not allot of places to put it, I guess, as they already left out opening credits this week. Next week's ep is supposed to run 1.5 to 2 minutes longer as well...

-R.
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    Btw, who's RJM? :D
    [QUOTE=Stingray;158124]Btw, who's RJM? :D[/QUOTE]

My bad... RDM-- BSG's Producer/Lead Writer.
    I'm really not sure what to think of the show at this point. I feel pretty let down for the last six or so episodes and I fear that for the sake of being different RDM decided to go for the Baltar trial as the season finale and to me this seems more like a dud than anything that he's done for the previous seasons.

The studio had its doubts about it too (admission of this on the podcast)... so even if it turns out that anyone of the main cast is another sleeper cylon, I don't think that I care at this point.

What still astonishes me is that RDM and his crew spend so much time on writing and planning that I'm surprized that the result can still end up below par. Goes to show us that not many on the show had any idea where things were heading beforehand and other than RDM nobody had the means to redress the direction as to where the show should go.

Don't drink and write scripts... :p
    I'm really not sure what to think of the show at this point. I feel pretty let down for the last six or so episodes and I fear that for the sake of being different RDM decided to go for the Baltar trial as the season finale and to me this seems more like dud than anything that he's done for the previous seasons.

The studio had its doubts about it too (admission of this on the podcast)... so even if it turns out that anyone of the main cast is another sleeper cylon, I don't think that I care at this point.

What still astonishes me is that RDM and his crew spent so much time on writing and planning that I'm surprized that the result could still end up below par. Goes to show us that not many on the show had any idea where things were heading beforehand and other than RDM nobody had the means to redress the direction as to where the show should go.

Don't drink and write scripts... :p
  • Space GhostSpace Ghost Elite Ranger
    Spoiler: Anyone else think Baltar is going to be acquitted next week? I mean, to find him guilty would be easy. BSG doesn't like easy. ;)

As for who is a Cylon, I don't think Tigh is one and I REALLY don't think Bill Adama is either, but at this point who knows? The final five could be anyone which is fine by me because it'll be a nice twist--whoever they are.

On a side note, someone I know has heard speculation that the fleet will indeed find earth, and it will be uninhabitable because of nuclear war/plague/whatever. All of the Cylons meanwhile will be infected with the disease that got them earlier in the season and will be forced to make a choice: serve the humans (who have the cure) or die from the illness. But like I said, it's just speculation.
    Here is my theory for the next episode. First I have a feeling its going to be mojorly unsatisfying. Its a season finale and its only one hour. There is so much that has to be resolved in this episode that I have this nagging feeling 90% of the answers will be left as part of the cliffhanger and we'll have to wait the 9 months till season 4 plus about 15 episodes before most of the most basic answers come.

Ok, things that can not happen. Tigh can't be a cylon, neither can Adama or Lee. Tigh and Adama are old dogs with a history before the actual invention of the cylons in the BSG timeline. They can't be sleeper cyclons unless they were planted at the very eve of the first war, when bio cylons were not around. Unless Lee was adopted as a teenager I think the old man would know whether his son was a toaster or not. I think Roslin has the possibility to be a cylon since little is actually known about her past or her limited political rlife before the attack. At this point I honestly find the idea of sleeper cylons to be a copout. Its just too late for that. Besides, I'd rather they kept to the story of Galactica and most of the key crew being those that survived by change. This isn't Babylon 5 where everything has a greater orderly meaning. It just doesn't work well in this stroy if they go that route of having sleeper cylons following a greater plan on the sole surviving ship.

The music reasures me in my theory of Earth. They are still far away enough from Earth that they still can't spot it yet they are recieving radio transmissions from it. This would indicate that for those transmissions to be that far out its several thousands of years in the future and the colonies are the decendants of an exodus from a long ago destroyed or damaged earth.
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    Well Time being Circular and all, this has all happened before, so anyone could be a cylon.

It's like a fractal... how many iterations are we into? If it's infinite who the fuck knows...

:D
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    Well, Tigh [i]can[/i] be a Cylon. No kids, no parents. We don't [i]know[/i] anything about where the Cylon Agents came from. It's pure speculation (and, now, unlikely speculation) that they were made recently, by the original Cylons. Especially since [i]they themselves[/i] don't know who programmed them (as D'anna said to Cavil right before he gave her a nice box of shut the frak up). Its possible that the Human Cylons are a recreation of another, older form of synthetic human (which would make Tigh et al. not [i]technically[/i] Cylons, but they'd be close enough).

Just a few more days until all our questions are proved to be totally mistaken in aim!
  • HuntSmackerHuntSmacker Firstones Ambassador to Starcraftia
    Theres something about that CGI shot of the Cylon ships bearing down on the Raptor with the nebula and asteroids in the backdrop - It reminds me of the Shadows :P

This line was great:
    [SPOILER]
    Madam President, how long do you have to live?

- How long do you have to live, Karen?
    [/SPOILER]
    [QUOTE=David of Mac;158160]We don't [i]know[/i] anything about where the Cylon Agents came from. It's pure speculation (and, now, unlikely speculation) that they were made recently, by the original Cylons. [/QUOTE]

Thats one of the ideas I've been thinking about. Everything seems to be leading up to the cylons (or some of them) not exactly being the evolution of the ones created by humans 50 years before.

We do know about Tigh far back enough because he was a known colonial officer during the first war and actually has a lot of canon backstory about his role during the first war. He knew Adama since at least shortly thereafter. Unless he was planted in his early military career I find him an unlikely sleeper.
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    The final 5 are supposed to be closer to the Cylon God, so perhaps they came first, the other models that we've seen already later on.

In which case, they may have been around during the first war.
    So if the first five are somehow related to god and were around before the creation of cylons I guess you could say the cylons didn't quite become living beings as a result of human creation alone, but instead as Six frequently claimed, they were chosen to be Gods new children.
  • Some people in this thread have quite obviously been to The Patriot Resource...
    [QUOTE=Vertigo_1;158203]Some people in this thread have quite obviously been to The Patriot Resource...[/QUOTE]

?:(?
    He's alive, Vertigo is alive!!! :vorlon:
    Oh, but you [i]know[/i] some greedy person out there won't be happy until we have [i]both[/i] Vertigo1s posting here again. ;)
    Can't believe tomorrow will the last viewing for nearly a year minus the movie :(
    :(

Plenty of time to watch through it all again on DVD ;)
    In other news, we know the movie will have all of the main cast in it, and that'll show the attack from the perspective of the Pegasus. I'm not sure how both of these can be true, but we'll find out.
    :rolleyes:

Spoiler: Well, I'm pretty close to laying money on Tigh and Anders being in the final 5... Tyrol and the president's aid not being far behind them...and along with that goes my bets on Starbuck returning.

"...This has all happened before, and will happen again..."

Think about that for a minute ;) Dan Foy and I discussed it when we met for dinner on Tuesday. I have a new working theory about what is really going on in BSG, and an a good reason as to why...

The ever :vorlon: -ic

-R.
    [QUOTE=Vertigo_1;158203]Some people in this thread have quite obviously been to The Patriot Resource...[/QUOTE]

Sounds like something reeking of republican propaganda.
    [QUOTE=Space Ghost;158150] Spoiler: Anyone else think Baltar is going to be acquitted next week? I mean, to find him guilty would be easy. BSG doesn't like easy. ;)

As for who is a Cylon, I don't think Tigh is one and I REALLY don't think Bill Adama is either, but at this point who knows? The final five could be anyone which is fine by me because it'll be a nice twist--whoever they are.

On a side note, someone I know has heard speculation that the fleet will indeed find earth, and it will be uninhabitable because of nuclear war/plague/whatever. All of the Cylons meanwhile will be infected with the disease that got them earlier in the season and will be forced to make a choice: serve the humans (who have the cure) or die from the illness. But like I said, it's just speculation.[/QUOTE]

I'll be surprised if we KNOW the verdict this week :)
    Judging by the trailer Spoiler: with the verdict starting to be read and people flipping out, I'm guessing we'll see it and it'll be "Not Guilty."

t minus 30 hours!
    Looking forward to seeing Cain again :)
    Spoiler: No, they start to read the verdict and it comes up with "To be continued..." and the people flipping out are the fans having to wait until January

Worf
    That would be so funny it would almost be worth it.

"By a vote of three to two, we find the defendant, Gaius Baltar..."

Screen goes to black. "To Be Continued" beeps on. Then it's violently ripped apart as everyone in the galley goes apeship.
  • Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
    Bsg!!

Holy Fuck!

What An Ending!