Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Squeeeeeee!!!!

RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
only 9 more day's until [URL="http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/"]"Smith and Jones"[/URL]

Comments

• WORFWORF The Burninator
    Can't wait :)

BBC3 will finish a rerun of the second series tomorrow with both Army of Ghosts and Doomsday shown back to back.

Worf
  • sataicallistasataicallista High Priestess of Squeee!
    Only 6 more days!!!!!
    I finally got Sanfam caught up on all Doctor Who so as soon as Season 3 airs we can safely download it. Any chance you could help us with that Worf? No way in hell am I waiting until Sci-Fi Channel gets the new season in JULY.
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    *cough*tv-torrents*cough*
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    *cough* Who me? Pirate legitimate mainstream works? Don't you ever dare suggest such a thing. I should have you executed for the thought alone!
    [QUOTE=sataicallista;158271]Any chance you could help us with that Worf?[/QUOTE]

Possibly, though the other suggestion would be much faster for you.

Worf
    [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1eCgRnAh58"]Related[/URL]

Worf
    Well, that was great :D
    Pretty damned good!

Callista and I noticed that the music seemed to be a good deal more prominent. Her thought was that it may be a reaction to the strong fan response to the soundtrack.
    Yep, the music felt much bigger, but it might also be because they intruduced a few new themes (since the "Rose" theme is now... well, obsolete), and the music has changed much since the beginning of the first season. where it was much less orchestral than it is now.
    I thought the whole thing was fantastic! Spoiler: Especially the end where the Doctor got all cute and squirmy when he mentioned Rose...that was adorable. And I'm glad they established right away that Martha isn't interested in him. I mean, I kind of knew from reading around she wouldn't be and that they were going to establish that the Doctor isn't over Rose yet with a small mention, but still...it was cute and made me happy. :D
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    I liked the reference to her "cousin." :D
    [QUOTE=Biggles;158530]I liked the reference to her "cousin." :D[/QUOTE]

Yup, that one I expected as well.
    From what was said in Doctor Who Confidential Spoiler: Martha [i]is[/i] interested in the doctor, but it's unrequited. Anyone else caught the Spoiler: Vote Saxon! posters in the background? Wonder what that's about :D
    I saw those posters and wondered about that.

EDIT: Spoiler: Saxon appears before that too, listen to the radio interview as Martha is getting ready for the party and you'll here Mr Saxon referenced.

Worf
    I think this might Spoiler: be this years "Bad Wolf" (spoiler-tag just in case)
    Spoiler: Very likely. I've since discovered the posters can be seen in the last episode of Torchwood and there's a reference to Mr Saxon in the Runaway Bride as well.

EDIT: Here's the first [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh6vIrU1cLw"]animated[/URL] episode as well.

Worf
    Spoiler: According to Callista's repository of Doctor Who knowledge, Saxon is indeed the "word of the season." Likely, it'll play into a confrontation with The Master once again, which appears to be another point they've been quietly building up to.

One more observation: The editing style used in the episode was fairly unique to Doctor Who aired thus far. Many quick cuts, long-lens closeups and rapid shifting of the camera's focus. Very fast-paced and something I rather liked.
    Spoiler: The Doctor vs The Master vs Daleks vs Cybermen

Worf
    you forgot to mention Spoiler: Jack ;)
    [QUOTE=Sanfam;158613] Spoiler: According to Callista's repository of Doctor Who knowledge, Saxon is indeed the "word of the season." Likely, it'll play into a confrontation with The Master once again, which appears to be another point they've been quietly building up to.[/QUOTE]

Sanfam is correct. I obtained this information from Doctor Who Magazine and wikipedia. Spoiler: The bit about the Master is entirely speculative however. We suspect Mr. Saxon will either turn out to be the Master or somehow connected to him([URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recurring_themes_in_Doctor_Who#Mr._Saxon"]see this wikipedia article for some interesting spoilerous ideas[/URL])and there are numerous rumors flying around to support it. Apparently The Sun has reported it as fact, though newspapers love to report Doctor Who rumors.
    If The Sun reported it as a fact then it's extremely unlikely to be true.
    That was another very good episode.

Spoiler: I wonder what's going on with Queen Elizabeth

Worf
    Spoiler: Just before the queen walked in, I thought it would be cool if they did a story where someone that the doctor will make an enemy of in a future story, but earlier point in time.
    And I thought the music was superb again.
    [QUOTE=WORF;158733]That was another very good episode.

Spoiler: I wonder what's going on with Queen Elizabeth

Worf[/QUOTE]

I agree, quite good, Spoiler: especially the mentions of Rose!! (hehe, can you tell I'm a squeelie Doctor/Rose shipper!?)

and LOL that was funny as hell, I hope they do come back to that at some point, even if it's brief.
    [QUOTE=RubberEagle;158743] Spoiler: Just before the queen walked in, I thought it would be cool if they did a story where someone that the doctor will make an enemy of in a future story, but earlier point in time.
    And I thought the music was superb again.[/QUOTE]

Isn't it amazing how this show can be psychic sometimes? In a series 2 episode Andy I were watching the Tardis starts materializing between two large boxes and Andy started to say "I've been wondering if they ever land in such a way that they can't get out?" and before he finished his sentence he realized that's exactly what happened in the scene. I swear, psychic! :D

And yes, the music was fantastic. I can't wait for the new soundtrack to come out, though it's likely that since they waited until the end of series 2 and released a CD of music from both series 1 and 2 they might do the same again and wait until the end of series 4. :(
    During series 1, I had a dream the Daleks would return near the end.
    During series 2, I had a dream the Cybermen would return near the end.

No dreams about series 3...yet. Usually it's towards the end of the series I get the dreams.

Worf
    LOL now that's cool! Like I said, psychic! Either that or the show is horribly predictable......nah...it's psychic, definitely psychic...it's all the Psychic Paper's fault! :D
    [QUOTE=sataicallista;158812]And yes, the music was fantastic. I can't wait for the new soundtrack to come out, though it's likely that since they waited until the end of series 2 and released a CD of music from both series 1 and 2 they might do the same again and wait until the end of series 4. :([/QUOTE]
    I don't think they concously waited until season 2, but that it was when they realised that there was a big enough demand for the soundtrack. But then again, i'm not sure if there's enough material for a cd in a single season. I'll have to watch seasons 1&2 again and check if there are any pieces of music that should be on the soundtrack, but were omitted because there wasn't enough space on the CD.
    Most of the music on the soundtrack came from the second series.

Oh and I forgot to mention, I had a dream about the end of Torchwood too, it was a bit off but also not incorrect.

Perhaps the shows bring out the psychic in people :)

Worf
    actually, 17 of 29 (i excluded the 2 Theme tracks) have appeared in season 1 ;)