Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Babylon 5: Combat Sim - Music CD?

Comments

• SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Nice :-)

I'll wait a few more days and send the email if I get no phone-based response.
  • Mr. FuryMr. Fury Earthforce Officer
    I really hope Franke approves this. I have too much respect for Franke to go against his will if he does not want the tracks to go public for free. I have no control over Darkblade's actions though...
  • DarkbladeDarkblade Earthforce Officer
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mr. Fury [/i]
    [B]I really hope Franke approves this. I have too much respect for Franke to go against his will if he does not want the tracks to go public for free. I have no control over Darkblade's actions though... [/B][/QUOTE]

[Guybrush Threepwood mode] I wanna be a pirate! [/<-what he said] :D
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    Well, I wouldn't be surprised if he let us, in all honesty. I mean, didn't he condone the Music of B5 site back when it was still up?
  • SharShar Trainee
    Well... We indeed must certainly hope now that mr. Franke will give his permission to put that music online so that everyone could download it.
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    ME want, me wants!
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Wow that cd sounds cool!:eek:

Yep I agree with the approach guys. From what I know Chris Franke is a reasonable guy. I emailed him once with a query about one of his cd's and he replied.

Even if we had to pay get the cd I would have no porblem with that.
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    I definitely wouldn't have a problem with having to pay for it...
  • !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MUST...HAVE.....NOW....PLEASE......
    *Dies*

I'm a MUSIC FREAK! MUST HAVE THIS!!!
  • Rogue TraderRogue Trader Somebody stop him...
    i always thought you were a freak A2957
  • David of MacDavid of Mac Elite Ranger Ca
    You know, I was just thinking about a couple of great B5 musical selections that, to my knowledge, never got released. I really liked the tension music at the end of Deathwalker, for instance, and the music during the first dogfight in All Alone in the Night was great, too.
  • I've never denied it mate. ;)

But seriously, I LOVE music, and I have a hard time finding music I REALLY like, in fact, I can list it here...

Babylon 5, most of the music from the show (Specifically the Suites) , and all from the game.

Gladiator
    Children of Dune
    two-three tracks from Lord of the Rings
    certain parts of Star Wars: Episode 2 (Love theme is good)
    and last, the theme to a beutiful mind.

short list eh? There are a few rock/alternative songs I listen to, actually have over a gig of MP3s, but its not music that has any real effect on me. I like music that has a feeling associated with it, it gives the music a power. Gladiator/Children of Dune are obviously very depressing, yet at the same time have a feel of hope behind them. LOTR is kinda the same. Beutiful mind and Episode two are just wonderful works of composition. Babylon 5...great work...great for listening to for enjoyment.

B5:ITF music...this has a special place for me, Kinda confusing actually, makes me SOOOOOO mad at sierra, and also so sad that the game isn't going to come out, and yet the music itself is almost a tale of hope.

*sigh*
    ...faith manages.
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    Any response from Chris yet?
    nada, but it was a weekend.
    I hate waiting! I'm also waiting to get my Gamecube!!!
  • shadow boxershadow boxer The Finger Painter & Master Ranter
    ahem...

what about us poor sods with 56k links ? hmmm ?

Perhaps there is some avenue of burning a copy of the actual CD. Mailing a CD is very cheap and I'll gladly part with a few shekels for a copy.

I hope Chris Franke gets to see this thread and gets all noble and allows us to use it. Hell, imagine selling it to our greater community to keep it alive. The whole not for profit deal...
  • Chris Franke rules. I seriously hope he allows a cd as it would be great to own the IFT music which in my opinion is some of the best B5 related stuff he has ever produced
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by shadow boxer [/i]
    [B]ahem...

what about us poor sods with 56k links ? hmmm ?[/B][/QUOTE]

Hmm... if you want, I could rip the musics and re-encode them to 192 kbps or to VBR - APX (~240 kbps VBR)? That would drop the filesize a bit. :)
  • Mr. FuryMr. Fury Earthforce Officer
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Darkblade [/i]
    [B]Hmm... if you want, I could rip the musics and re-encode them to 192 kbps or to VBR - APX (~240 kbps VBR)? That would drop the filesize a bit. :) [/B][/QUOTE]
    No mercy to modem users. :laugh:

...just kidding...
  • No mercy, I'm all for it!!!
    I'm 56K, and I use getright!!!
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Yeah, if you're on a modem you can just use a download manager so you can pause and resume the download every time you have to disconnect.
    Well, hold off on the distribution just yet. If the fans can show restraint, perhaps a few brownie points may be gained. :)
  • have no fear Sanfam, Darkblade is exercizing a legal form of tourture here....
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by A2597 [/i]
    [B]have no fear Sanfam, Darkblade is exercizing a legal form of tourture here.... [/B][/QUOTE]

Come on A2597, it's time to take your MEDICINE!!! BUHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!
  • actually your right

*Downs some caugh syroup*

stupid cold...

*Takes some vitamin C*
  • RhettRhett (Not even a monkey)
    Hmmm... Waiting some more....
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    So far, Sanfam's tried using voice mail; have you tried the e-mail method yet? If not, it might be worthwhile to add in a link to this thread.

My biggest worry is that we'll get no response at all. What's our course of action then?
  • croxiscroxis I am the walrus
    He may be on vacation
  • JackNJackN <font color=#99FF99>Lightwave Alien</font>
    I would be... :p
    Or maybe Franke knows who we are and is to affraid of us??? Still waiting!!!