Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

Babylon 5: Combat Sim - Music CD?

Comments

• E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Biggles [/i]
    [B]Airplane? [/B][/QUOTE]
    Yes.
  • E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by C_Mon [/i]
    [B]And where's that B5:ItF music?? I want it now!![/B][/QUOTE]
    I'll hope that reason why Franke isn't answering to us is that he's saving it to christmas!
  • Falcon1Falcon1 Elite Ranger
    Well with his beard and a wig he could pass for Santa! :D
  • Any news?

Has anyone heard anything?
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    Nothing yet. Rick, any chance you could use the mystical powers of the rolodex to help us out here?
    Looks like Rick is our last best hope for a piece of that music! :D :p
  • DarkbladeDarkblade Earthforce Officer
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Falcon1 [/i]
    [B]Looks like Rick is our last best hope for a piece of that music! :D :p [/B][/QUOTE]

Or then I can "accidentally" push cut & paste. :)

But I won't be that cruel...
  • Mr. FuryMr. Fury Earthforce Officer
    Stop teasing them, Darkblade.
  • It's been pretty dead here for a bit.

Is there any news? anything?
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mr. Fury [/i]
    [B]Stop teasing them, Darkblade. [/B][/QUOTE]

Hey wait a minute, "teasing THEM"? Not teasing YOU? My mind is suspicious and it says you got 'em! Get him, get him!

Well anyway, this waiting is killing me... :(
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by spessu [/i]
    [B]Well anyway, this waiting is killing me... :( [/B][/QUOTE] Then stop waiting and do something useful instead, for example you could clean up your room or go to sleep... :rolleyes:
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    But I just woke up. Bwaaah!
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by spessu [/i]
    [B]Hey wait a minute, "teasing THEM"? Not teasing YOU? My mind is suspicious and it says you got 'em! Get him, get him!
    [/B][/QUOTE]
    I've had those ever since October 22th. :p
  • E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by spessu[/i]
    [B]Well anyway, this waiting is killing me...[/B][/QUOTE]
    Yeah, me too wants that music... now!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Eclecticonaut [/i]
    [B]Then stop waiting and do something useful instead, for example you could clean up your room or go to sleep... :rolleyes: [/B][/QUOTE]
    What?? Clean up room?
    Are you sure you don't have fewer!

I would prefer to go to chop firewoods with axe!
  • [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Darkblade [/i]
    [B]Or then I can "accidentally" push cut & paste. :)

But I won't be that cruel... [/B][/QUOTE]

When / Hopefully not if, permission is given would you consider re-ripping the music off the CD in Monkey's Audio format?

---Insert Witty Comment Here---
    It's not possible because we do not have the CD, it's already in mp3 format.
  • E.TE.T Quote-o-matic
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mr. Fury [/i]
    [B]It's not possible because we do not have the CD, it's already in mp3 format. [/B][/QUOTE]
    So increase in quality is the [b]last[/b] thing what decoding it to wav and then encoding to other format would do.
  • I imagine he ripped it in high quality...i mean, I would have, even if it took a gig.
    Neither I or Darkblade have the CD itself. We both downloaded the mp3's which were ripped off from the CD. Not even the CD image is downloadable as far as I know, just the mp3's. These are 320 kbps mp3's. Five tracks, each ~26 MB and around 11:25 long.

Meaning, you won't get the tracks in better quality. Unless you somehow manage to find the original CD.
    Well guys 2004 has arrived and its time to start thinking about how we get the cd! I thought about it over the holidays and suggest we take up Rick on his offer to contact Chris Franke. Also I think we should take a different approach, i.e. not just rely on 1 email to represent our community on this. I think we should all send an email to Sonic Images asking for the cd to be released. If I remember correctly, the episode cd's of B5 were released due to popular demand, i.e. us fans asking for them to release the music. If we go about it this way we could inlist the help of other B5 community sites like B5tv.com, get as many involved in this as possible. I'm sure lots of other B5 fans who wouldn't be aware of this music, would love to hear it as much as we do.

So the question is do we go for a standard format email that everyone can copy and send, or do we go for an online petition? With a petition at least we'd know the number of people signing up... with an email campaign we'd have no idea of how many would be sent to Sonic Images (and therefore not know how strong our voice is).

I propose then that we use Rick as Plan A (rewarding him with a virtual beer!! ;) ), and have the email/petition campaign lined up as Plan B... what do you guys think???
  • GopherGopher Earthforce Officer
    Plan A or Blan B ?

Delurk

I think both approaches should be considered. Rick can work his magic and we can get an online petition going to request the release of the cd. It may be a good idea to request that Steven Grimm aka koreth over at the Lurker's Guide put up a link to the petition as well as posting the link on rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated and elsewhere.

Gopher.
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    Online petitions never seem to work; I think the "everyone send e-mail" option is a lot better.
  • RubberEagleRubberEagle What's a rubber eagle used for, anyway?
    though the "getting-pissed-factor" is much higher too....
    That thought has crossed my mind alright, potentially annoying those at the other end with a truck load of emails... but when you think about it its people like us, the fans, that have made companies like Sonic Images or any other company... without us they wouldn't sell any product. From their point of view the venture would have to be profitable to release such a cd... but given the success of the dvds, I'm sure any new B5 cd from Chris Franke would go down a treat, and not be just confined to the members of this community. (I'm sure WB would entertain a new cd release... hell if they just released a cd of the new track from the Season 4 dvd, I'd buy it in a hearbeat!!)

I suppose with online petitions anyone can fill them out and they can be open to abuse. One could do that using multiple email accounts but its probably less likely.

Hooking up with the Lurkers Guide website would be a good idea due to its popularity. Are there any other big B5 communities out there we could link up with?
    What i'd say is: no mass email. Hooking up with Lurker's seems a good idea, as it's also respected outside the pure fanbase, something coming from us and them would be (IMHO) more "convincing"(the right word just won't come to my mind), than something just from us...
    So this could be a possible approach:

1. Rick sends an email to CF
    2. We send an email to CF
    3. Lurkers site sends an email to CF (assuming they'll sign on)
  • BekennBekenn Sinclair's Duck
    Looks good to me. If that doesn't get their attention: open the floodgates!
    I am against flooding them with emails, it may well do more harm than good. A few emails which are coming from good sources sounds good though.
  • Well, this is my first visit here... but as it happens I emailed Sonic Images only a week or so ago on this very matter ;) I was ordering a whole stack of the CDs, and asked on the form about the "Best of B5" CD (which has two ItF tracks) and the chances of an ItF game CD.

Unfortunately although I got a rapid response on the first one (it's been re-released, and should be listed as available on the website soon, in case anyone else has been searching for it like I was) there was no comment at all on the ItF music.

But we can still hope...
    [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wychwood [/i]
    [B]
    Unfortunately although I got a rapid response on the first one (it's been re-released, and should be listed as available on the website soon, in case anyone else has been searching for it like I was) there was no comment at all on the ItF music.[/B][/QUOTE]
    hm.. interesting...
    what this could mean is that there could be some legal issues involved that they are trying to resolve, or something similar, and that they can't comment on it yet...