Issues with your account? Bug us in the Discord!

What are you playing right now?

Comments

• ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    I'm working my way thru Assassins Creed, and am enjoying it immensely! :D
  • DarthCaligulaDarthCaligula Elite Ranger
    I started playing Chrono Trigger yet again today, so that I can finally get the one ending I haven't seen yet.
  • MessiahMessiah Failed Experiment
    Puzzle Quest
  • StingrayStingray Elite Ranger
    Well, what do you know, updating the video drivers and defragmenting the hard drive made Saints Row 2 much more playable and it's also a lot more stable. A lot less crashes to desktop since.

There are still a few bugs, but they are nowhere near as annoying and show stopping as before. Let the mayhem begin. :D
  • A2597A2597 Fanboy
    I'm having WAY to much fun in left 4 Dead.

I killed over 3000 zombies on Saturday alone. :)
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    Aren't zombies already dead?
    You can still kill them. :p

But whats a dead undead?

Dead undead = double negation = un?
    You are assuming that "dead" is a grammatical negation, which it is not. So no, it's not a double negation. :D

A mathematician watches as six guys enter a bar. Then the mathematician sees seven guys leave the bar. For the mathematician one more guy needs to enter the bar again for it to be empty. :D
  • ShadowDancerShadowDancer When I say, "Why aye, gadgie," in my heart I say, "Och aye, laddie." London, UK
    Well I finished Assassins Creed, very enjoyable! Only thing I didnt like was the ending...or lack of any conclusion. I know that its just setup for a sequel, but even so it felt to be a bit abrupt...and dammit I wanted some answers! :p

Not sure what I'm gonna play now, was thinking of maybe getting Rise of the Argonauts...but not sure
  • BigglesBiggles <font color=#AAFFAA>The Man Without a Face</font>
    A combination of the latest Prince of Persia and Locoroco 2 is keeping me thouroughly entertained.
    Finally picked up Orange box, finished Portal quickly and am playing through Half Life 2.
    Not sure why people complain about Steam. I don't have a problem with it.

Still playing SR2, the game is a weird piece of software, it crashes and fixes itself for no apparent reason. :D
  • PSI-KILLERPSI-KILLER Needs help
    Fear 1, amazing game 5 disks that don;t work on Vista 64, had to fire up my XP partition. All graphics on max , amazing game so far.
    Still have to really play Fear, can't seem to get into it. Started playing Mass Effect, but I somehow missed the fact that it's more of an RPG with 3rd person shooter elements mixed in. Not quite what I signed up for. I was hoping for something along the lines of Halo.
    [QUOTE=Stingray;180109]Not sure why people complain about Steam. I don't have a problem with it.

Still playing SR2, the game is a weird piece of software, it crashes and fixes itself for no apparent reason. :D[/QUOTE]

Just might be because you cant play their games if you dont have an active internet connection.
    [QUOTE=Messiah;180780]Just might be because you cant play their games if you dont have an active internet connection.[/QUOTE]

Not really, you only need a working internet connection to activate the game on Steam, after that you can play off-line as long as you want.

My guess would be that it was a problem in the save-game file and some call to some procedure that wasn't properly handled (other than by the OS) which caused Vista to kill the process as a precaution. I just played some other missions of other factions first and after a while I was able to play the mission that crashed before without any problem.

But that was just a minor problem compared to the performance issues that many other SR2 players are experiencing. Imagine a nice cake with all blows and whistles but instead of sugar the baker used salt. :D That's how SR2 feels. It wouldn't take that much to make this a candidate for game of the year.
  • PSI-KILLERPSI-KILLER Needs help
    sounds like a case of bad quality control
    You'd have to play the game with your eyes closed not to notice the performance issues. So I'd say, they just cut corners when optimizing the console to PC port.
    [QUOTE=Stingray;180784]Not really, you only need a working internet connection to activate the game on Steam, after that you can play off-line as long as you want. [/QUOTE]

Ok, then make it; "Because I cant play their games without an active internet connection" - because they wont load unless Im connected to steam.
    GTA4 requires a working internet connection, otherwise you can't save your game progress... which may be going a bit too far indeed, but otherwise it was a rather smooth experience with Rockstar compared to Volition.

SR2 crashes in specific areas as well. All you have to do is drive around for 15 minutes or so and then go inside a store to buy some threads and poof, you're back on your desktop. :D
    I'm back to playing Fallout 3 again at the moment. Then I've got the Godfather 2 to play. Probably won't be anything special, but the first one was quite good fun
  • JohnnyOnTheSpotJohnnyOnTheSpot Banned by request
    I am playing nothing at the moment...Filming though. :P

Friends want me to come back to WOW but Im resisting!
    Yeah, Ive quit Wow too, fortunately I havent got anyone nagging me yet.
  • Recently finished Resident Evil 5, and can say that it is a satisfying entry into the series, even if it is much more action oriented than horror now. [SP]You finally get to kill Wesker, which is a big plus if you have been following the series.[/SP] The biggest problem is the buddy AI, which will plunk away with thier useless pistol in boss fights, even if they have a grenade launcher. They will only switch weapons when they run out of ammo.

Oh, and finally beat X-COM:UFO Defense/UFO: Enemy Unknown. Been playing that one on and off for 13 years and finally did it.

And now I am back to Wow, actually tryng to get epic gear for my 80 mage. When WOTLK came out I played like a fiend to get to 80, and then just stopped, and I am still slowly working my way through Fallout 3.
  • WORFWORF The Burninator
    Now you have to play through Terror from the Deep :)
  • C_MonC_Mon A Genuine Sucker
    The Movies and some Titan Quest coop
  • [QUOTE=WORF;180818]Now you have to play through Terror from the Deep :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, already started, but damn that one is SO much harder.
  • SanfamSanfam I like clocks.
    I am currently playing this amazing game: "SWEET JEBUS, LOOK AT THE DEADLINES!"

It's action-packed and rather fun!
  • MundaneMundane Elite Ranger
    Mass Effect..
  • Data CrystalData Crystal Pencil Artist
    Since the hardware I have at my disposal can just barely run jDoom... I'd have to say it's Final Fantasy III on the DS. Just started. :p

No time to play = no matter. :D